Position – Product Engineer I
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
TE Connectivity’s Product Engineering Teams optimize existing products from information or input provided by marketing, customers, Operation Teams, Development Engineers or other employees. They maintain existing products, processes, and specifications including modifications for new applications consistent with manufacturing techniques and economies. They also initiate and implement programs to continuously improve quality, and cost, while meeting customer requirements and may support and implement product extensions to existing platform products to meet specific customer requirements. They are the key experts in the products they are responsible for at TE.
- Design and development of automotive products like Connectors, Header, Terminals and Automotive components.
- Interact directly with customers / Sales and Marketing teams to identify key Product Technical requirements/deliverables and establish product specifications to fulfill customer requirements in handling new concepts/quotations.
- To lead and drive complex new product development products starting from concept generation, DFMEA, DFM/DFA, prototyping & testing.
- To generate 3D CAD models & 2D drawings in PTC Creo for Connector, Fuse & Relay boxes.
- Responsible for creating test specifications, deciding test methods, DVP Preparations & testing, and validation
- Independently conduct design reviews, ability to check and approve product designs.
- Perform product costing & Value Engineering (VA/VE) analysis.
- Prepare, monitor, update & maintain all engineering documentation in line with IATF 16949
What your background should look like:
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of hands-on experience in automotive plastic components development (preferably Connectors)
- B.E (Mechanical)
- Good Experience in Product validation and testing (DV / PV) of automotive products
- Exposure to manufacturing processes like Injection molding, stamping, Manufacturing and assembly, etc.
- Exposure to APQP & PPAP activities
- Exposure to Design review processes like DFEMA / DFA / DFM / FEA etc.,
- Exposure to IATF 16949 / TS 16949
Values: Integrity, Accountability, Teamwork, Innovation