Position – Wiring & Harness Engineer
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Wiring Engineer has the mission to design & develop the wiring through concept phases up to serial production and maintenance while optimizing demands on quality, deliveries, cost and features (QDCF).
- Design & optimize wiring harnesses medium and heavy duty trucks.
- Final design & development of WH (including clamping and fixation) through cooperation with stakeholders.
- Routing of harness/power cables in 3d environment using Catia/Creo.
- Harness Bundle drawing preparation and release
- Driving design proposals/solutions cross functionally & secure agreements.
- Design for assembly and service ability in close cooperation with GTO and After Market
- Realize the Product Structure (KOLA)
- Interface to supplier(s) & Supplier Involvement in Product Development (SIPD) management.
- Support Purchasing in the request for quotation: evaluation of technical solutions from the different suppliers.
- Wiring engineer has to work in close co-operation with multiple stakeholders- suppliers, systems engineering, system– and component owners, purchasing, manufacturing and aftermarket.
- Wiring Harness skills
- Wiring design tools knowledge, Saber knowledge advantage
- Wiring Harness routing in Creo/Catia
- Truck Environment & Product knowledge
- Good communication and networking skills
- Problem solving skills
- Result oriented
- Accountable & structured
- Proactive mindset
- 3-6 years of experience
- B.E/B.Tech/M.E/M.tech in electrical/mechanical domain
“The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values- Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey”.
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.