Position – Assistant Manager – Sales
Company – Kennametal Inc.
Location – Rajkot, Gujarat, IN
With over 80 years as an industrial technology leader, Kennametal Inc. delivers productivity to customers through materials science, tooling and wear-resistant solutions. Customers across aerospace, earthworks, energy, general engineering and transportation turn to Kennametal to help them manufacture with precision and efficiency. Every day approximately 10,000 employees are helping customers in more than 60 countries stay competitive. Kennametal generated nearly $2.4 billion in revenues in fiscal 2019. Learn more at www.kennametal.com. Follow @Kennametal: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
Assistant Manager – Sales
Key Job Responsibilities
- Identify additional sales opportunities and execute the sales strategy for the assigned geographical area.
- Educate and evaluate the end-user and the needs of the channel partners to help develop the appropriate plan to meet and exceed the objectives.
- Encourage and maintain excellent working relationships with distributors and end-users to develop partnerships.
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of projects to drive the annual sales growth plan. Run on this pipe.
- Keep customers well informed about the latest technology developments and product innovations.
- Regularly review the changes and dynamics of the market to ensure that the opportunities are in line with the company’s strategy.
- Support and participate in team sales initiatives by sharing relevant information for assigned accounts.
- Prepare regular progress, status, and forecast report to management in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Can anticipate spending 80% of the time in front of end-users/customers
- To manage customer accounts payable and ensuring on-time collection.
- To continuously improve current working knowledge of existing and new products and services.
Education, Work Experience, Skills, Certificates
- Engineering graduate in Mechanical OR Industrial Production with 4 to 6 years of experience in Production / Manufacturing Engineering OR Methods / Process Engineering OR Sales / Application, preferably metal cutting products and working in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Should be Competent in understanding and communicating all product and technical information.
- Able to assess customer needs competently.
- Computer literate with good presentation skills and a lot of drive/energy to bring coordination and cohesiveness amongst all functions to implement the decided strategies and achieve sales plan.
- Strong administrative/communication skills.
- Should be willing to travel extensively.
- Should be willing to work with cross-functional teams to meet customer needs.
Minimum Level of Education (for Job): Bachelors (Be. Mech)
Years of Relevant Work Experience Required: 5-8 Years
Through the skill and innovation of our people, we deliver industry-leading tools and technologies that solve customer challenges and enable exceptional performance.
Our mission is all about performance for our customers. Our tools and wear-resistant solutions enable customers to run longer, cut faster, and machine with greater precision. We aren’t setting the performance standard for our industry…we’re resetting it even higher.
Transform how everyday life is built.
Our customers build things that touch our everyday lives. They make products that enable people to drive, fly, power and build…and their products are made possible by Kennametal innovation. By continuously transforming ourselves, our products, and our solutions, we are helping our customers to transform everyday life.
Safety. Respect. Integrity. Accountability.
These are the values and guiding principles that we live by every day.
- It’s safety first, always and everywhere.
- We exemplify respect for every person – no exceptions.
- We have integrity in all that we say and do.
- We’re accountable to each other, our customers, shareholders, environment and community