Position – Senior Component Engineer – Engine & Transmission
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Senior Component Engineer – Engine & Transmission
Inside GTT (Group Truck Technology), Volvo has decided to strengthen its position in India by establishing a complete powertrain development entity for engine, transmission and axle. If you want to be part of the birth of a completely new team with great challenges and opportunities in a dynamic global market, this is the right opportunity for you. We will support our Global sites with engineering expertise. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
We are now looking for a: Senior Engineer Engine and Transmission, who understands and has interest in Remanufacturing.
Key competencies we are looking for:
- Diesel Powertrain: General Knowledge and Experience
- ICB Components
- Engine Lubrication Systems
- Fuel Systems
- EATS Systems
- Air Handling Systems (Including Turbo Chargers)
- Transmissions (AMT / Manual)
- Carriers (Preferred)
You must have the ability to drive work independently, with high energy and with an ability to build a good team spirit.
You will be the natural speaking partner in Powertrain engineering Bangalore for all Engine, Transmission hardware related.
In more detail, your tasks are:
- Manage and maintain the Engine and Transmission hardware components.
- Expertise in working with various database of part design, documentation, corporate standards, field issue resolution, aftermarket parts.
- To coordinate in house and supplier development, insure release of the CAD models and drawings for the parts and their documentation in the Volvo systems. Good understanding of mechanical drawings.
- Update and/or create needed documents to design the components (Technical Regulation, Installation requirement …).
- Anchor its design work and QDCF, by interacting with other teams within the company (Product Development, Purchasing, Manufacturing, After-Market, Quality, Product Range Management, Brands) and with our external suppliers.
- Prepare Verification plan and Validate its design with required simulation/rigs/vehicles
- Solve field quality issues
- Perform cost improvements, localization of components
- In relation with our suppliers, defining the technical strategies and policies for the future
- Support platform in definition of the design and verification guidelines for the components
- Evaluate component development budget for projects and maintenance items.
- Mechanical Engineering Graduate/Post Graduate or other equivalent education.
- At least 8 years of experience in Engine & Transmission components development
- Good knowledge of CAD modelling in Creo
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Initiative and solution oriented, Open minded and Pragmatic.
- Excellent in Teamwork and Communication
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.