Position – Product Structure Engineer
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Product Structure Engineer
Inside GTT (Group Truck Technology), Volvo has decided to strengthen its position in India by establishing a complete powertrain development entity for the engine, transmission, and axle. If you want to be part of the birth of a completely new team with great challenges and opportunities in a dynamic Indian, GCC (Gulf Countries), South African, and Southeast Asian Truck market, this is the right opportunity for you. Our ambition is to develop drivelines for trucks in those markets aiming to satisfy our customers. We will also support our Global sites with engineering expertise. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
We are now looking for a: Product Structure Engineer
As a Product Structure engineer, your task is to define and manage the complete engine and driveline variant, assembly, and part documentation using the Volvo system (KOLA)
In more detail, your tasks are:
- Understand the “Product Documentation” requirements in different projects for Engine, Transmission, Axles components
- Work with powertrain component engineers to get relevant inputs to secure the documentation of the product
- Based on project needs (both technical and market offering), define Item to variant (Variant-Spec, K-DCN) with support from component engineer
- Secure the right documentation of Design Change Notice (DCN) i.e D and K-DCNs in the KOLA tool
- Optimize Kola documentation to facilitate the understanding of the product
- Participate in a project meeting in order to understand the needs such as specificities, sequencing, and propose adequate solutions.
- The demand for the creation of technical variant when necessary
- DCN delivery KPIs management through rigorous follow-up.
- Secure Budget for product documentation work in the project
- Interact with Vehicle and Engine plants (on need basis)
- Check with manufacturing plants the quality of the documentation.
This means that you must have the ability to drive work independently, with high energy, and with an ability to build a good team spirit.
- Mechanical/Electrical/Automobile Engineering Graduate/Post Graduate or other equivalent education.
- At least 3 years of experience in documenting product for engineering, market, or aftermarket
- You have very good knowledge of Product Documentation tools
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
- Strong leadership
- Structured, Analytic, Rigorous
- Good problem-solving skills
- An open, multi-cultural, and positive mindset
- Clear in communication
The Volvo Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of trucks, buses, construction equipment, and marine and industrial engines under the leading brands Volvo, Renault Trucks, Mack, UD Trucks, Eicher, SDLG, Terex Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, UD Bus, and Volvo Penta.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other, and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.