Position – Engineer-CAB Exteriors
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
GTT (Group Truck Technology), CAB Bangalore is looking for an energetic and skilled candidate to work in the Truck CAB Exterior area. If you are looking for opportunities to work across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
The group consists of diverse, passionate and enthusiastic engineers responsible for designing, developing and delivering solutions to some of the key systems of Trucks across different brands such as VOLVO, RENAULT, MACK and UD. Our main aim is to provide a robust solution and ensure the right quality of Products which meets the demands of Market and customer. Customer success is our core value.
Engineer – CAB Exterior
The candidate for this position will provide Design solutions in small or major design project as a Design engineer and should be able to work independently on Truck Exterior module. Candidate will coordinate and perform complex Engineering tasks under minimal supervision, supporting the mission of the group, department and/or Volvo GTT.
- Ownership of complete QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in deliverables
- Show willingness to communicate directly both within cross-functional team and with supplier in development of design concepts
- Plan as necessary for fulfilling the highlighted tasks
- Show interest in learning of Engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules etc.)
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- BE/B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience from 2yrs to 4yrs of applicable automotive experience
- Hands –on experience in Plastics and Metal Engineering Technology (Injection Modeling, Metal Forming)
- Good team player proactive in discussing with cross-functional team
- Good CAD Modeling knowledge – CATIA V5 mandatory
- Quality Tools exposure, MFG Process knowledge
- Vehicle Regulatory knowledge (FMVSS, ECE, AIS) will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication & Presentation skills
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.