Position – Product Engineer – Mechanical
Company – TE Connectivity
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
TE Connectivity’s R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams conceive original ideas for new products, introduce them into practice. They are responsible for product development, and qualification from market definition through production and release; assist in the qualification of suppliers for new products to ensure suppliers deliver quality parts, materials, and services for new or improved manufacturing processes; conduct feasibility studies, testing on new and modified designs; direct and support detailed design, testing, prototype fabrication and manufacturing ramp. The R&D/Product Development Engineering Teams provide all required product documentation including, but not limited to, Solid Model, 2D/3D production drawings, product specifications, and testing requirements. They create and modify detailed drawings and drafting or conceptual models from layouts, rough sketches or notes and contribute to design modifications to facilitate manufacturing operation or quality of product. Typical fields of expertise include: materials, mechanics and systems, electrical, optics, chemistry, software, automation systems, packaging, testing and measurement, and manufacturing of electrical, mechanical and electronic components, products, and their integration into systems.
What your background should look like:
- Perform activities concerned with design, development, testing of EPS products / systems for Aerospace & Defense markets.
- Conceives original ideas for new products and ability to develop them into functional and economical models from VOC to product in Market. Define specifications, perform engineering analyses, makes preliminary sketches and prove concept in design, prototypes and testing.
- To work closely with the Global Engineering team, CFT in design of new product for global customers by meeting timelines and providing innovative solutions.
- To keep abreast of new technologies, materials and processes and use the information to initiate cost saving or product enhancing projects.
- To contribute to achieving departmental targets – specifically ‘Delivery on Time’ targets for development and sustaining activities.
- 2D drafting and 3D modeling
- Strong working experience on Tolerance stack up and GD&T
- Expert in ability to read and interpret engineering drawings/product prints.
- BE/ B.Tech (Mechanical Eng.)
- 4 to 5 years of experience and hands-on working in Creo
- Strong knowledge of Machining, plating, molding
- Knowledge about various phases of product realization, product development & sustenance engineering
- Ability to read prints and engineering documents
- Able to utilize Excel/Word for engineering document updates
- Working knowledge in electrical product designs
- Ability to work as a Teamplayer
- Basic knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications and the home. With approximately 80,000 employees, including more than 7,500 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 140 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.