Position – Associate Engineer
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Exterior Equipment Group is a design team within the Cab Design Section. We are responsible for designing & developing components like the Front Panel, Ingress/Egress (Insteps) Sun visor, Roof guards’ components & plastic parts coming on the Cabin and chassis. We work with both new vehicle projects and maintenance of parts in productions that we continuously are adapting for markets and demands.
Scope of Work
- Responsible for the design & development of Plastic and sheet metal components related to Truck Exteriors such as Front Panel, Black off, and Ingress/Egress (Insteps).
- Responsible for the development of products/parts and release of the solutions into the system with complete product ownership and tackling quality issues effectively.
- Generate Value Engineering and Value Analysis (VA/VE) and Continuous Improvement (CI) ideas to reduce product costs and drive/support implementation as needed.
- Analyze component parts and assemblies to determine the best course of action required to resolve actual or potential problems and implement cost-effective solutions.
- Support packaging engineers in packaging and installation tasks (e.g. technical reports, packaging investigations, DMU utilization)
- Build & follow component design time plan to meet the project deadline.
- Responsible for independently driving cross-functional activities to close out development open points and achieve set project deliverables.
- Must have a Global mindset to collaborate and work with engineers mostly at Cab, Chassis, Styling, Vehicle Architecture, Verification, and validation teams both locally as well as at other sites within Volvo.
- Take ownership in the development of engineering process & method documents (TR, guidelines, rules, etc.)
- Contribute towards knowledge management within the area of assignment.
- Experience in designing & developing plastic and Sheet metal components for automotive applications.
- Experience in product development within exterior components of commercial vehicles or any Exterior systems of Cars.
- Working knowledge of Catia V5 and Enovia/PDM.
- Possess sound knowledge of Problem-solving techniques by effectively using Quality tools such as 8D/ FTA.
- Knowledge about Commercial Vehicle regulations and Certification activities.
- Experience in working with suppliers to lead development activities with a good level of product development cycle understanding.
- Hands-on experience in tooling (Die, Press/Injection Mold/Diecast) is preferred.
- Analytical Skills
- Conceptual Thinking
- Assertive communication
- BE/BTech in Mechanical/Automobile Engineering with 2~4 years of relevant experience.
About the Company
We value your data privacy and therefore do not accept applications via mail.
Who we are and what we believe in
Our focus on Inclusion, Diversity, and Equity allows each of us the opportunity to bring our full authentic selves to work and thrive by providing a safe and supportive environment, free of harassment and discrimination. We are committed to removing the barriers to entry, which is why we ask that even if you feel you may not meet every qualification on the job description, please apply and let us decide.
Applying for this job offers you the opportunity to join Volvo Group. Every day, across the globe, our trucks, buses, engines, construction equipment, financial services, and solutions make modern life possible. We are almost 100,000 people empowered to shape the future landscape of efficient, safe, and sustainable transport solutions. Fulfilling our mission creates countless career opportunities for talents with sharp minds and passion across the group’s leading brands and entities.
Group Trucks Technology is seeking talents to help design sustainable transportation solutions for the future. As part of our team, you’ll help us by engineering exciting next-gen technologies and contributing to projects that determine new, sustainable solutions. Bring your love of developing systems, working collaboratively, and your advanced skills to a place where you can make an impact. Join our design shift that leaves society in good shape for the next generation.