Position – Design Engineer
Company – Konecranes
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name – people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive.
We believe diversity drives business success and is the foundation for our growth. We welcome different backgrounds and skills that enrich our community and we promote a place where we can ALL be ourselves. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
- B.E. in Mechanical Engineering / Automobile / Production Engineering.
- Should have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in design & development
- Expertise in AutoCAD (Mechanical) is a must.
- Experience in Gear design will be preferred.
- Experience in the crane and lifting equipment industry will be preferred.
- Experience in Kissoft, NX CAD (or other 3D modeling software) & Teamcenter will be an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
- Should have a strong technical understanding of drawings (ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings).
- Good knowledge of mechanical engineering design (know-how of manufacturing processes, welding, fasteners, GD&T)
- Good Knowledge of Gear design and its Housing
- Knowledge of Hoist components and crane parts will be an added advantage.
- Efficient with MS Office tools like MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Should be a self-motivated person.
- Should be willing to work in a team environment.
- Good communication skills in written and spoken English.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a globally-distributed team
- Awareness of ISO 14001 and 45001 Standards
Your key responsibilities:
- Perform engineering assignments as a part of the Crane Modernizations and Spare Parts Engineering team for various projects assigned, following and applying the systems and standards set by Konecranes and under the guidance of the Line Manager.
- Uses appropriate CAD system (AutoCAD), to develop drawings & BOM that meet engineering specifications.
- To keep the designs smartly modularised and maintained in the relevant PLM tool such as Teamcenter.
- Follow the work instructions and work descriptions specified in the project scope.
- Follow the set drawing standards such as IS, DIN, EN, and ISO, design instructions, and CAD methodology.
- To work in detail, highlight problem areas, and propose ideas for continuous improvement of processes and systems.
- To ensure the best quality, punctuality & efficiency in each task.
- To handle projects independently and also guide fellow Design Engineers
- Visit, evaluate vendors, and provide them necessary technical support
- To ensure flexibility and multi-tasking to work in different work groups and projects.
- Provide Urgent Warranty support as and when needed
- To uphold & abide by the code of ethics and management.
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,900 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. Konecranes is committed to ensuring that all employees and job applicants are treated fairly in an environment which is free from any form of discrimination.