Position – Associate Engineer – Tires
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
- Have operational responsibility for the Wheels and Tires.
- Drive the work from an operational perspective.
- Have the capacity to work individually or with a small team actively to secure the deliverables.
- Play an active role in the delivery.
- Integrate deliveries from others and secure quality and readiness before release
- Ensure the deliveries are made as per the requirement and timelines.
- Frequent interactions with their counterparts, clarify the requirements and deliver accordingly.
- Periodic updates about the jobs to the team leader and group manager.
- Develops and implements Wheels and Tires projects within the area of assignment.
- Communicates relevant design and project requirements to external design counterpart as applicable if the detailed design is performed by an outside entity
- Ensures design correctness and completeness for all design releases within the area of responsibility
- Customer focus
- Decision quality
- Demonstrates self-awareness
- Ability to analyze and solve complex problems
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech / MS in Mechanical Engineering or related field
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, TRAINING
- BE/ BTech / M.Tech/MS in Mechanical Engineering
- 1 to 3 years of automotive experience preferably in the truck industry
- Hands-on experience in the Creo and PDM tool.
- Strong in engineering fundamentals.
- Knowledge in the design and development of Wheels and Tires.
- Knowledge about the truck layout and packaging of the components.
- Strong and fluent communication skills.
- Good knowledge of the materials and material selection
- Knowledge and good use of quality tools – SFMEA, DFMA, DFMEA, RCA, etc
- Knowledge of product development cycle
- Drive for results – Ability to develop project time plan, set goals and milestones and deliver own items accordingly
- Priority setting -Ability to perform simultaneously in multiple projects
- Team player – Has the ability to cooperate with the project team to meet the established end goal
- Communication – Communicates clearly and effectively, informs appropriately
- Self-improvement and integrity – Is personally committed to and actively works to continuously improve him/herself widely trusted as honest and direct
ARE WE THE PERFECT MATCH?
- Professional challenges and increasing business knowledge
- Defined career path
- Good atmosphere in a professional, developing team working with passion
We work together with energy, passion, and respect for the individual!
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands and entities that share a culture of Trust, Passion, High Performance, Change and Customer Success.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.
Auto req ID – 123757BR
Organization – Group Trucks Technology
State / Province – Karnataka
City/Town – Bangalore
Employment/Assignment Type – Regular
Travel Required (maximum) – No Travel Required
Functional Area – Technology
Last application date – 28-Feb-2022