Position – Additive Manufacturing Engineer
Company – EATON
Location – Hadapsar, Pune, Maharashtra, IN
If you desire to be part of something special, to be part of a winning team, to be part of a fun team – winning is fun. We are looking forward to Engineer in Eaton’s business, based in Pune, India. In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are – it’s in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This exciting role offers opportunity to:
- Serves as a technical lead in technology realization programs/projects utilizing our internal project execution processes, including Gate Reviews, Design Reviews, and Technical Reviews.
- Contributes to the value proposition development for technical projects and programs
- Contributes to government proposal preparation and/or assist with project execution.
- Supports building business relationships by presenting ideas and projects, participating in ideation events and acquiring resources and funding needed
- Participates in internal open innovation events with businesses & other research groups
- Actively contributes to IP generation through authoring or co-authoring disclosures and patents
- Gets trained on internal systems & processes and implements them towards projects
- Gets trained to operate metal & polymer 3D printer to perform foundational experiments & other research projects.
- Becomes Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) expert.
- Explore advances in 3Dprinting technologies and evaluate their suitability for Eaton products.
- Works collaboratively with other AM experts globally to advance the technology.
- Master’s Degree (ME) in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Design Engineering
- 2+ years industrial experience in design & manufacturing environment
- Knowledge & Experience in metal/polymer additive manufacturing is desired
- Working experience in CAD tools; Preferably ProE / CATIA and experience with PLM tool is required.
- Magics knowledge is added advantage.
- Six Sigma & GD&T certifications are a plus.
- Excellent communication skills in English (verbal and written)
- Awareness of heat treatment process/metallurgy is an added advantage
Yes! Because you are the one we are looking for, we hope to hear from you now!
Job tag: #LI-SD1
What you will get from us
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours. Eaton’s 2020 revenues were $17.9 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 85,000 employees.
We make work exciting, engaging and meaningful for our employees through our dedication to tackling some of the toughest power management challenges on the planet and by never losing sight of what matters. Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed. We pledge to always foster a diverse and inclusive environment, including inclusion resource groups that bring together employees who share a common purpose, interest or background. In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company’s operations by at least 50 percent by 2030. We are ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and committed to learning. We are confident we can deliver on our promise to improve the quality of life and the environment because of the attributes that our employees embody.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Region: Asia Pacific
Organization: INNOV Innovation Center
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time