Position – Associate Engineer – Cooling System Components
Company – Volvo Group
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Volvo Group Trucks Technology, VMEM – Thermal Management Sub-stream: Thermal Management Sys & HW – Bangalore group is looking for an energetic and skilled professional to work in Cooling System and Hardware Development of overall Thermal Systems equipped in our trucks. If you are looking for the diversified experience by working across different culture and various global products and be part of the latest trends and technology with great challenges and opportunities in supporting local and global sites, this is the right opportunity for you. We wish to create a diverse team with a good mixture of young, dynamic, experienced engineers and managers.
The Volvo Group culture is defined by a set of five carefully chosen values – Customer success, Trust, Passion, Change, and Performance. These values guide our day-to-day behavior and drive our decision-making at all levels of the organization. They express our shared beliefs across countries and entities to form the basis for a high-performing culture that can help maximize the full potential of the organization. Our company values help guide us on that journey.
THIS IS US, YOUR NEW COLLEAGUES
Thermal Management Sys & HW group in Bangalore is part of “Thermal Management Sub-stream”, Vehicle Technology. Our group consists of passionate, enthusiastic engineers & analysts responsible to design, simulate, develop and deliver the product projects and advance-engineering topics in the area of Vehicle Thermal Management that consists of both Cab Climate and Vehicle Heat management of Volvo Group Trucks.
Thermal Management Sub Stream is a department within Vehicle Technology responsible for developing, delivering and maintaining an optimized cab climate and vehicle cooling & heating systems for all types of propulsion installations to all truck brands within the Volvo Group. We are responsible for leading the work with strategies and advanced engineering globally. We are located at Gothenburg and Bangalore and we have close cooperation with the engineering sites located in Greensboro and Lyon. We understand the final customer needs and apply our knowledge to develop technical concepts and solutions that satisfy customer and business needs. The work is based on innovation, shared technology, common architecture and brand uniqueness.
Our main aim as part of Thermal Management sub-stream at Volvo GTT is to develop the robust solution and ensure the right quality, which meets the demands and satisfies the customer. We want to make a difference by being there for our customers and by providing uptime and reliable products.
We are now looking for an Associate Engineer – Cooling system components to take global responsibilities and participate in company-wide Thermal Management evolution in order to align technology needs of all Volvo truck brands.
Being part of Thermal Management Technology group gives an enriched working experience and exposure to the latest trends and technology with opportunities to work in future technology product projects related to e-Mobility, Fuel cell and automation.Associate Engineer – Cooling system components
As an associate Engineer, you will have opportunities to work in projects ranging from advanced engineering to start cost level of projects.
- Responsible to design and develop components related to Cooling module, Fan and it’s installation components for products responsible from GTT BLR site
- To support Engineering task leader &/ Component owner for some of Cooling components like Cooling package, e-Viscous Fan, Expansion tank, Recirculation shields, Bug net, ECU cooling and cooling components…
- You will have your own fields of responsibilities while working with cross functional team & peers in other teams. You will also have to interface with other stake holders such as Manufacturing, Purchasing and Aftermarket.
- Responsibility of QDCF (Quality, Delivery, Cost & Feature) in projects we deliver.
- Complex cad model creation with packaging verification and to set up design pre-requisites.
- To create Engineering Specifications, issue Technical Regulation, document in KOLA and create product structure, Technical descriptions, and release DCN’s.
- Define level 4 (component/system) time plan including the most important cross functional milestones using APQP as the supporting process
- Creation of Q-Tools like, D-FMEA, Risk register, DFA(Manufacturing) & DFAM(After Market).
- Since we work in a very global setup and with cross functional teams, there are good opportunities for personal development within this position.
Your role will strengthen our Global Thermal Management Sub-Stream and contribute to Volvo GTT vision within this technology area.
Your role is cross-functional, which means you will work in projects within the whole Volvo GTT organization and closely collaborate with global cross functional teams.
Qualification and skills
- BE /ME in Mechanical Engineering with more than 2 years of experience
- Good knowledge of the product development life cycle and change management activities for product maintenance
- Hands on experience of CREO tool to design components
- Strong knowledge in fluid mechanics and thermodynamics
- Structured way of working
- You are a team player, self-driven with positive, global and problem-solving mind-set and you possess excellent communication skills
- Knowledge in mechatronics is an added advantage
- Knowledge in Volvo GTT development process and tools is a plus
- Working knowledge of overall truck thermal management and especially Cooling system is a plus.
- New idea generation skills and innovative thinking.
- Ability to work in a multicultural global environment
- Willingness to learn and develop your own skills and abilities
- Good in compiling and presenting information verbally and in writing
The Volvo Group drives prosperity through transport solutions, offering trucks, buses, construction equipment, power solutions for marine and industrial applications, financing and services that increase our customers’ uptime and productivity. Founded in 1927, the Volvo Group is committed to shaping the future landscape of sustainable transport and infrastructure solutions. Countless career opportunities are offered across the group’s leading brands – Volvo, Volvo Penta, UD Trucks, Terex Trucks, SDLG, Renault Trucks, Prevost, Nova Bus, Mack, Eicher, Dongfeng Trucks and Arquus.
Volvo Group Trucks Technology provides Volvo Group Trucks and Business Area’s with state-of-the-art research, cutting-edge engineering, product planning and purchasing services, as well as aftermarket product support. With Volvo Group Trucks Technology you will be part of a global and diverse team of highly skilled professionals who work with passion, trust each other and embrace change to stay ahead. We make our customers win.