Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a main motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Operations Engineering > Service Industrialization > Parts & MDM Support
Parts & MDM Support Under Service Product Lifecycle management is responsible for supervising the complete lifecycle of the parts and Technical specs used in Wind turbines, which are maintained via enthusiastic service contracts
Moreover the department enables geographically-dispersed, multi-disciplinary, teams to strategically collaborate with partners and customers using trusted, up-to-date product information.
The department is responsible for delivering supply chain agility, business continuity solutions, data governance and traceability provided by the department enables Vestas as an Organization to propel down costs, accelerate time to market, and deliver the highest levels of quality and compliance on the parts and technical specifications.
The main function areas of the department pertains to BOM management, Change and configuration management, Product Data & Variability Management, Service Process Management , Project and design Collaboration , Governance and Workflow.
- Case handle Change Notices in PTC Windchill
- Create material numbers and specifications as per Vestas Standards and Customer requirements in PTC Windchill
- Materials Extension and SAP master data update in SAP ECC 6.0
- Change Request execution in PTC Windchill
- Work as an Interface between Technical Leads and Customers to implement Technical Solutions in PTC Windchill and SAP
- Understand Material Specification and Technical Data sheets and use the data for Materials Creation
- Participate in Daily stand up calls and report the current KPI’s and Status for assigned cases
- Monitor and report lead time delays and issues for the critical cases to the leads
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical, Electronics, Mechanical or Mechatronics
- Believe in our values of Collaboration, Simplicity and Accountability
- High level of motivation and are able to question the existing while maintaining operation
- Customer-oriented and have the ability to understand the complete business value chain
- Finding it exciting and interesting to work with other people in a large organization
- Capable of building up an intensive network across cultures and time zones
- Profound communication and presentation skills
- Focus on processes and like to get things structured
- Being innovative and getting things done
- Working separately considering value chain collaboration and teamwork
- Experience in change management
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development possibilities in an inspiring environment at an established wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a solid technical commitment.
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20th Sep 2021.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels