Position – Trainee Engineer TCM
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Design Centre, Chennai – DC Turbine Solutions – DC Blades TCM
Describe the Department
DC Blades TCM is part of DC Turbine Solutions organization in Vestas Power Solutions (Vestas R&D). Vestas Power Solution is a business unit where new product ideas are developed, matured, improved, maintained and tested. Vestas Power Solutions operates on a global scale with more than 1,300 employees.
The DC Blades TCM is responsible for developing and maintaining concepts, processes and tools for Transport, Installation and Maintenance of our Blades worldwide. We are involved in new turbine development as well as maintenance and optimization of the existing fleet.
DC Chennai – Blades TCM team is responsible for the development of new business areas like Inbound / Outbound transport solutions, Multi-brand tooling solutions, and more. We are also involved in building and carrying out business improvement initiatives across the Transport, Construction and Maintenance value chain.
- You will be involved in developing innovative and cost-efficient concepts for new transport & lifting equipment for the next generations of wind turbines
- Checking existing blade lifting and transport equipment for suitability with new requirements and developing retrofit solutions
- Deliver detail design & BoM with right quality and on time as per project timeline
- Responsible for creation of technical design documentation such 3D CAD, 2D drawings, BoM
- Coordinate project deliverables in collaboration with global cross-functional teams
- Ensure document quality through review processes in line with our internal system and quality processes
- Ensure cross functional collaboration with relevant interface owners throughout the value chain in a global environment
- Record improvement potential and contribute to the planned incremental continuous improvement of our processes & templates
- Qualifications Required Master’s/Bachelor’s in Mechanical or allied group.
- In-depth knowledge in Structural Mechanics is essential
- Experience in 3D-Modeling and 2D-drafting, for example using CREO/ PDMLink and project execution through SAP/ERP/ECM systems
- Broad Knowledge in Engineering Basics
- knowledge in GD&T
- Knowledge on FEA (ANSYS/Pro-Mechanical)
- Knowledge of Wind turbines & Heavy lifting/ Transportation equipment
- Exposure or Experience with International engineering standards like ASME/EN/ISO etc
- Collaborator: good collaboration focus and ability to motivate colleagues within project team
- Good communication skills to report effectively on the project status at all levels of an organization
- Self-motivated and target driven – Proactive and enthusiastic with good attention to detail and willingness to take ownership
What We Offer
We offer you a exciting job with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment at an established manufacturer of wind turbines. We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical and commercial commitment. You will get a interesting opportunity to influence building of complex projects and your position in an informal and rapidly developing environment
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 12th Jan 2020.
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.