Position – Technical Project Manager – (Engineer or Assistant Lead Engineer)
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a motivation in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Quality Improvements and Processes- Engineering Development – Standardization & Master Data
Describe the Department
Vestas Power Solutions (VPS) is where new product ideas or technologies are matured, developed, tested and improved. To put it short, Vestas power Solutions is the cornerstone of Vestas. We are shaping the future of modern energy. You will be part of the Standardization & Master Data within Vestas Power Solutions, Quality, Improvements & Processes – Engineering Development – Standardization & Master Data.
Standardization & Master Data department is responsible for propelling, defining, and ensuring both short and long-term targets are being met across products, modules, and sub-modules to ensure the highest degree of standardized and modularized products.
The team is also responsible for developing centralized governance for standard components, Base materials, Material creation, Reference Designation Systems (RDS), and Design Standards to propel continuous improvement across the value chain.
- Management of department business improvement strategy roadmap and projects.
- Actively identify opportunities for business improvement together with key stakeholders from across the value chain to reduce complexity and improve flexibility
- Act as lead for Mechanical or Electrical modules and propel execution of strategy within your area of responsibilities
- Responsible for defining and developing a project charter, budget, and business case for project approval
- Develop and monitor project time plans and supervising the project governance and project data in the systems
- Responsible for preparing and conducting project technical and gate review meetings
- Perform structured risk management and change management within the projects, including strategies, action plans, and follow-up
- Present the project status and alignment with SteerCo and gatekeepers regularly
- Engineering degree for instance within Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 4-8 years of relevant engineering and technical project management experience, for instance from the Engineering industries
- Project Management experience in planning and working with medium complex projects
- Good stakeholder management and risk management skills
- Proficient in risk management techniques
- Experience in new product development and business improvement strategic projects
- Prince2 or similar recognized Project Management certification
Need to Have
- Experienced in general Mechanical or Electrical Design Engineering
- Good knowledge in product design & development and product value chain (e.g. New product development and Business Improvement strategic projects)
- Good Technical Leadership and coordination skills
- Good pragmatical, problem solving, and technical decision-making skills
- Should be motivated, structured, innovative, and systematic
- Communicate in a clear and structured way, both written and verbally
- Working knowledge in MS Project, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Nice to Have
- Good understanding of finance and budgeting
- Experience in standardization methodologies/techniques and best practices
- SAP PPM / CP2R project and resource management experience
What We Offer
We offer an exciting job with good opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring, innovative , motivated and international work environment in the renewable energy sector. We highly value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will be a part of a professional international office and organization. You will have exciting global career opportunities in a department that is continuously developing
Your work location will be in Chennai, India
Applications are handled on an ongoing basis. Please apply online with your letter of motivation and CV as soon as possible – and no later than 30th May 2021
Vestas is proud to be the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Vestas strives to be the most inclusive workplace in the sustainable energy industry and ensure equal opportunities for everyone regardless of the social identity. We are stronger as a company not despite our differences, but because of them, both professionally and personally. Beyond a diverse workforce, we want to ensure that all of our employees are included and actively contributing to Vestas’ success and innovation. Only then can we become the global leader in sustainable energy solutions and ensure sustainability in everything we do.
At Vestas, we offer global opportunities for people with growth mindsets and the desire to make a shared and positive impact. We work in the true spirit of our corporate values: accountability, simplicity, collaboration, and passion. We expect everyone to live up to these in their day to day work – no matter what you do and where you are in the organisation.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.