Position – Structural engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Tower value engineering department is responsible for providing optimized tower solution to Vestas tower program. The tasks range from understanding the design requirement and requirement specification, designing tower using analytical and FEM calculations, designing tower components, performing DFMEA, test planning and execution to risk assessments and compilation of certification documentation.
Tower value engineering is extension of global tower Module. The department is responsible for provide customized tower solution for sales order, design modification for local market and to provide innovative design solution for life extension of old turbine tower along with fulfilling certification need.
Focus is on securing sound, cost-optimized and production friendly solutions and at the same time fulfilling the overall requirements to safety and functionality for the products. Additionally, process efficiency and lead time reduction is of key importance in order to fulfill Vestas’s overall ambitions of delivering products, which are configured to customer needs in a timely manner.
- Deliver tower structural calculations/ FEA and assist in developing/optimize designs and processes
- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Identify and report technical risks within the project scope
- Provide feedback and challenge design solutions to interfacing systems in order to optimize product design
- Development and optimization of FE models and post-processing tools
- Participate in development of proprietary software using Matlab, Python or VBA- Deliver the technical solution within quality, time and cost targets of the project
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Mechanical or Civil Engineering (structural) or Similar
- Minimum Professional experience: 2-6 years
- Experience in the design of turbine or preferably dynamically loaded structures
- Programing skill, Python, C, Matlab is good to have
- Good fundamental and problem-solving skill using short programs
- Experience in product development and FEA (good to have)
- Experience in linear, nonlinear, fatigue, contact, vibration analysis using FEA
- Experience in Python, Matlab and VBA programing
- Have good communication skills to convey complex problems to a wide range of stakeholders
- Worked in multicultural and global environment
- Proactive and demonstrate leadership skill through various initiatives in collage and career
What We Offer
We offer a stable workplace with excellent professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer.
We value initiative, responsibility and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a high technical commitment
Your primary workplace will be in Chennai, India.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.