Position – SQD Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
This department Purchasing and SQD is a part of Procurement service, supports Global procurement and SQD offshored operational activities.
- Accountable for Supplier qualification and readiness
- Accountable for Supplier QHSE performance and related CoPQ
- Responsible for supplier performance according to following dimensions: Safety (TRIR); Quality (PPM); CoPQ;
- Responsible for On-time component qualification(PPAP)
- Supplier selection and new Supplier Introduction;
- Support Supplier qualification audits / assessment report analysis upon Lead SQD.
- Execute Medium and Low risk PPAP items and maintain documentation
- Coordinate with suppliers for PPAP documentation
- Ensure that PPAP documentation is done and closed on time in QDA
- Support Lead SQDs on Urgent NCs handling.
- Ensure that feedback is provided to PPAP master planner to enable reporting of PPAP status
- Self-Assessment finished according to the plan.
- PPAP on time closing rate -100%
- Escalate the cases in case of delays and potential risks – No QBD case
- Share monthly activities report
- BE Mechanical, with 3+ years of experience
- Hands on experience with APQP, PPAP, SQIP and Supplier Development and preferably from automotive/wind industrial or similar
- Fluent in English. (Oral & Written)
- Should have worked with global vendors and stakeholders
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel & Power point for reporting day to day developments/ reporting.
- Ability to plan & prioritize work – also under pressure.
What We Offer
A challenging work environment with exposure to multinational work culture and technical knowledge
Your primary location will be in Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31th August 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.