Vestas is hiring | Engineer NDT Third Party |
Position – Engineer NDT Third Party
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Engineering & Business Services Center > Engineering > NDT
NDT Department is part of the Engineering and Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for ensuring NDT Evaluation and Quality of Towers and Blades which is produced in various factories
- Adherence to Vestas Safety Culture and values
- On-time delivery as per SLA with Zero Errors and efficient handling of customer complaints
- Follow the agreed NDT Process flow with zero deviation
- Create/Update NC for all deviations, track & close NC as per agreed SLA
- Train the Evaluators on the new Blade model and get them certified
- Participate in Continous improvement actions and initiate QIP / SIP
- Participate in Internal / External Audit and provide input for PII Revisions
- Bachelor’s in Engineering in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial
- Experience: 1 to 5 years of working in… Heavy Engineering industries, Oil & Gas, Wind, Automobile, Aeronautical Industries and CADD Services / Consultancy
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in NDT (UT and VT) for Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in NDT (UT and VT) for Diploma in Engineering
- NDT UT Level 2 certified – ASNT / PCN / Equivalent
- Good knowledge on Blades manufacturing and welding process
- Ability to setup & use NDT (UT) equipment and relevant analysis software
- Perform Hand & Machine UT Scan
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for reporting day-to-day developments
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation & get things done with quality
- Ability in being a team-oriented person with good pragmatical skills with a methodological approach
What We Offer
We offer an exciting workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
This is a Vestas Temporary role to be hired under direct / 3rd party contract.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st March 2023.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialized in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.