Position – Engineer NDT Third Party
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a defining force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Services Center > Engineering > NDT
NDT Department is part of the Engineering and Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for ensuring NDT Evaluation and Quality of Towers and Blades which is produced in various factories
- Adherence to Vestas Safety Culture and Values
- On-time delivery as per SLA with Zero Errors and efficient handling of customer complaints
- Follow the agreed NDT Process flow with zero deviation
- Create/Update NC for all deviations, track & close NC as per agreed SLA
- Train the Evaluators on the new Blade model and get them certified
- Participate in Continous improvement actions and initiate QIP / SIP
- Participate in Internal / External Audit and provide input for PII Revisions
- Bachelor’s in Engineering in any of the following disciplines – Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial
- Experience: 1 to 5 years of working in… Heavy Engineering industries, Oil & Gas, Wind, Automobile, Aeronautical Industries and CADD Services / Consultancy
- Minimum 1 year of hands-on experience in NDT (UT and VT) for Bachelor’s in Engineering
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience in NDT (UT and VT) for a Diploma in Engineering
- NDT UT Level 2 certified – ASNT / PCN / Equivalent
- Good knowledge of Blade manufacturing and welding process
- Ability to setup & use NDT (UT) equipment and relevant analysis software
- Perform Hand & Machine UT Scan
- Fluent in English (Oral and written)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office for reporting day-to-day developments
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation & get things done with quality
- Ability to be a team-oriented person with good pragmatical skills with methodological approach
What We Offer
We offer an exciting workplace with great professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with an established wind turbine manufacturer.
The work location is in Chennai, India.
This is a Vestas Temporary role to be hired under a direct / 3rd party contract.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th Sep 2023.
Learn more about Vestas at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels.