Position – Engineer- Consultant
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Engineering & Business Service Center > Engineering > Technical and Operations Support
Technical & Operations Support Department is part of Engineering & Business Service Center (EBSC), Chennai. This department is responsible for promoting Wind Blade & Assembly process optimizations in relation to quality, cycle time, cost out projects, BOM and CoPQ reductions for serial production (Post Gate 6 products). This department is closely working with Central PE, Launch Team and factories for Tech Transfer projects and engage with Technology (VPS) and ensures process and specifications maintained and optimized by delivering cutting files and production documents like control plan, QDA, PII and PWI as per Manufacturing baseline package guidelines and works on various continuous improvement projects to optimize Cycle time, NC reduction, COPQ and cost out projects.
- You are required to drive the production document updating and maintenance, factories, site.
- Ensure that quality system & QDA system comply with requirements. Influence any process that affects quality within the factory and push for, facilitate and support quality improvements
- Maintain and optimize QDA & NC system and accountable for process quality indicators’ performance and analysis
- Implement the task of Create / Update of PFMEA, Control plan, Process work instructions
- Product NC handling (Accountable for Q tools/ quality documents in process)
- Responsible for a systematic approach to problem solving by applying tools as 8D, DMAIC, 5×Why, PFMEA, etc., where reporting is a central part of the daily work
- Responsible for performance and cycle time analysis, Engineering data reporting
- Technical support for internal and external Non-Conformity quality handling
- Bachelor’s in Engineering in any of the following disciplines – Polymer / Mechanical / Manufacturing / Production / Industrial / Aerodynamics
- 2 to 7 years of working in Wind Industries, Engineering industries, Manufacturing, Automobile, Aeronautical Industries
- Ideal to be certified in AUTOCAD/CREO/ Six Sigma green belt / ISO 9001:2015 Auditor / VDA 6.3 certified auditor
- Ability to Create, deliver solutions and solve problems by using relevant methods and tools
- Must have good knowledge on blades manufacturing process
- Experience in PowerBI apps/ dashboard developments
- Capable to do a Risk assessment by using FMEA tools and coordinating Technical projects cross departments and cultures
- Working experience in AUTOCAD and Engineering change management (ECM)
- Fluent in English (Oral & Written)
- Knowledge in SAP ERP and Windchill
What We Offer
We offer a progressive workplace with solid professional and personal development opportunities in an inspiring, international work environment with a well-known wind turbine manufacturer.
Your primary location will be in Chennai.
This is a temporary role, hired under Vestas authorised 3rd party.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th June 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.