Position – Engineer – WRA
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Product Solutions & Integration > Global Siting Solutions > Global Siting – ASP
Wind and Site evaluation is a critical step in the Wind Power Plant sales process for Vestas. This position has an important part in identifying and quantifying technical risks of wind power projects, and generating and capturing value through innovative customized technical solutions. This is your opportunity to work with a global specialist who will offer industry-establishing training and technology within a flexible working environment.
You will be responsible for Wind & Site supporting the value engineering phase in the sales process. Your focus will be on value-adding high-quality statistical analysis as well as project layout design, load assessments, and associated customer support. The main location is in Chennai, India.
- Analysis of site characteristics through a comprehensive study of raw data from various sources of measurements and apply statistical corrections to predict the long-term wind resource
- Perform statistical wind modeling, determine energy yield production and estimate site climate
- Develop and Optimize wind turbine layouts based on conformance with standards, power production, and construction considerations
- Verify wind turbine design life through load calculations
- Contribute towards the continuous improvement initiatives
- Master’s / Bachelor’s in Mechanical / Aerospace / Similar specialization
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with a background in wind resource assessment.
- Fluent and clear in written and spoken English
- Experience in offshore wind resource assessment will be an added advantage
- Expertise with industry-specific software applications such as WAsP, windPRO, Windographer, OpenWind
- Programming skills in R / Python will be an added advantage
- Critical thinking, learning, and growth mindset
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive and a fast-paced/deadline-oriented environment
- An organized and detail-oriented approach toward tasks
- Skilled communication and presentation skills
What We Offer
We offer an exciting and international job with creative opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at an established wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a skilled technical commitment. The productive candidate will have the opportunity for both professional and personal development in a rapidly expanding organization. In return, we expect you to make an effort to achieve results.
Vestas provides an open, respectful, and global culture, an attractive compensation package and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a resourceful future! To meet business growth needs, Vestas needs a lot of expertise to join us.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and applicants with a disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 30th December 2022.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner in sustainable energy solutions. We are specialized in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustaining an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.