Position – Junior Piping Engineer
Company – Rambøll
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Strategy – Global Service Bands
- Currently, we are envisaging several larger projects to be awarded and we require someone who can work with our leads and senior team members, is familiar with E3D, and closely work with our counterparts in DK, the US, and elsewhere.
- This is augmenting the existing team of Engineers and Designers.
Responsibilities & tasks
- Support one or more Projects from REN-EEC as part of Global Engineering.
- Execute work in compliance with the project requirements and the Company’s quality system.
- Routing studies and preparing sketches for Drafting and 3D modeling
- 3D modeling (piping, equipment, and supports) in E3D
- Plot Plan / Equipment Layout – Prepare/check
- Piping GA’s – Prepare/check
- Isometrics – Prepare/check
- MTO preparation and checking
- Supports selection, preparation, and checking of support drawings. Pipe support modeling in E3D.
- Critically responsible for the quality of work – Checking of drawings/ documents with QA standards & procedures
- Extraction of drawings from E3D using the draft / relevant 2D module
- Participate as required during Routing studies, model reviews, etc.
- Coordinate with Discipline Engineers/designers/draughtsman
- Coordination with other Disciplines / Service area team members
- Ensures efficient utilization of software in the team
- Optimize the engineering and design process in terms of manhours, schedule, and quality.
- Any other activities assigned by the Lead or HOD
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical or equivalent degree from a recognized university
- 2 to 3 years of experience in upstream/downstream oil & gas, refinery, Process Engineering, and Design.
- Familiar with International codes and standards
- Experience in Concept, FEED, and Detail Engineering.
- Is theoretically sound and has a good practical understanding.
- Should have knowledge of / exposure to drawings and documents like P&ID, Instrument Hook-up, civil/structural drawings, Piping Material class specification, pipe classes and piping components used in the Oil & Gas industry (offshore and onshore), Inspection & Testing requirements, etc.
- Exposure to piping routing, layout, and support concepts.
- Experience in E3D modeling who can be relied on aspects of modeling related to equipment, piping, supports, clash resolution, etc.
- Hands-on knowledge of 3D Model review software like Navis.
- Have knowledge of 2D tools like ACAD and/or Micro-station.
- Knowledge of 3D Model software like Plant 3D or Revit or Solidworks, etc. will be an added advantage.
- Experience in offshore Substations is an added advantage
- Good English Skills, both written and oral.
- A Good team player who communicates well is open/transparent and takes initiative – Interpersonal skills to be able to work in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Good intercommunication skills to be able to work in close coordination with different nationalities, cultures, and clients.
- Takes ownership and responsibility for his / her deliverables.
- Willing to learn and grow.
- Timely delivery of projects with the right quality, within budget and schedule.
- Minimize client complaints.
- Coordinate within the team and other departments and projects to minimize quality error claims.
- Continuously improve methods and lessons learned to optimize client value.
- Efficient utilization of resources.
- Compliance with Ramboll Values.
Ramboll in India
Ramboll has more than 1,000 experts working across five offices in India applying their passion to deliver innovative solutions in markets as diverse as Buildings, Transport, Planning & Urban Design, Water, Environment & Health, and Energy. Founded in Denmark, Ramboll is a people company. We invite you to contribute to a sustainable future working in an open, collaborative, and empowering culture.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying, please send your application through our online recruitment system by clicking the link ‘apply’ below. Attach your CV, cover letter, and relevant documents showcasing why you are the right fit for the role, and when you are available to start. We look forward to receiving your application.