Positon – Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving-force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center -> COO Engineering services -> Technical Support & Production Quality
COO Engineering Services, having expertise in engineering data analysis, technical documentation, product/ process quality control, business process, tooling design, test systems, ERP solutions and project management, would support Vestas global strategies through process optimization, production support, test validation, cost control and E2E project management. We impose creative solutions and promote continuous improvement culture to make Vestas vision come true. This role is part of Technical support and Production quality team
- Maintain and optimize NC system
- Product NC handling and Cost of Poor quality recovery. (Incoming rejections and site rejections related to Supplier parts)
- Continue to improve quality (Accountable for process quality indicators’ performance and analysis)
- Responsible for a systematic approach to problem solving by applying tools as 8D, DMAIC/Six Sigma, 5×Why, PFMEA, PDCA, etc., where reporting is a central part of the daily work
- Responsible for performance analysis, identifying and implementing improvement idea by using lean Manufacturing tools to improve the Process area performance together with the matrix team
- Technical support for internal and external Non-Conformity quality handling
- Participate in QIPs as team member and guide actions for improvement
- Contribute to improving product quality performance (CTQ)
- Review and update PFMEA based on the NCs reoccurrence/ severity
- The ideal candidate should have a strong technical education (Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical)
- At least 4 years experience. (CONTROLS/ CONVERTORS/ ELECTRONICS domain knowledge)
- Experience in a customer-facing position. (Customer/ production line quality or technical support)
- Familiarity with wind turbines or rotating machinery, plant, processes or systems would be an added advantage. (Ideally in the energy market, within the power generation or the oil & gas sectors)
- Production documentation
- Problem solving using quality tools/ closed loop quality methods
- Read, understand and communicate Engineering drawings and Technical specifications
- Manufacturing Process & domain expertise
- Leading Quality Improvements. (DMAIC/ Lean Manufacturing)
- Q-System & Awareness
- Data analysis & action plan
- Microsoft Project, Excel & Powerpoint (for reporting)
- Communicate with conviction, impact and respect
What we Offer
Vestas is the only global energy company dedicated 100% to wind energy. Together with our customers, we have installed more than 51.000 turbines in over 70 countries, and we remain committed to increase that number via our quality, cost-effective wind technologies, products and services. Since Vestas was founded in 1979, Vestas has achieved a market-leading position with more than 113 GW of installed wind turbines or around 19% of total global capacity.
By joining Vestas you’ll cultivate your career in an inspiring environment which has an ongoing dedication to sustainability. We value professional initiative, the desire to take on responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions.
The work location is Chennai, India
Travel would be around 20%
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st Jan’2021
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.