Position – ECM Purchaser (1-year Contract)
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology, in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and Join us at Vestas!
Engineering & Business Service Center GP, Automation & ECM Services, ECM Purchasing & SQD
ECM Purchasing is a part of Global procurement automation and ECM services, supports global procurement offshored operational activities.
- Assist in supplier selection and conduct RFQs with agreed vendors. Negotiate to reach the best possible outcome for Vestas.
- Participate in selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting with suppliers within the category.
- Optimization the current supply base including the cost base – conduct competitive bidding.
- Secure that contractual agreements are in effect and gap closer by contract negotiations if needed.
- Be the extended arm of the category team.
- Ensure the category’s team of safety, quality, cost, delivery, innovation and sustainability are fulfilled.
- Coordinate new product/part introductions with vendor and Vestas R&D – raise Engineering change request if relevant documentation is missing.
- Identify and implement new supplier all over the world
- RFQ – secure that missing master data is enriched ( Info records, source lists and quota arrangements) within agreed SLA.
- Mechanical Engineer with at least 3 years of experience in Procurement
- Solid SAP skills & with good understanding of the P2P processes and reporting.
- Excellent competency level in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience with selection, qualification, negotiation and contracting with suppliers
- Experience in supplier consolidation and cost out projects
- Solid experience to demonstrate SLA and KPI performance from the team
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills and able to speak with conviction
- Experience in negotiating with global suppliers.
- The candidate will be required to read & interpret Engineering drawings
- Able to rapidly learn technical and business techniques and knowledge
- Exciting mind-set and not afraid to speak up.
- Independent and can work with minimal supervision.
- Flexible regarding work hours due to sites in Europe and US.
What We Offer
A complex work environment with exposure to Multinational Work Culture and Technical Knowledge.
Your primary workplace will be Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 10th January’2021.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.