Position – Construction Quality Lead
Company – Vestas
Location – Tuticorin, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Construction, Construction Greater Asia & Japan, Construction Quality
The construction team is responsible for the overall execution of the wind farm projects which includes: Installation of Wind Turbines, Electrical BoP work like Pooling Sub-station, EHV line, GIS bay, 33kv line, SCADA network, Civil BoP work like foundations for wind turbines, internal road, crane pad, and Hardstand.
- Implement Construction Quality Management in Mechanical and Electrical activities
- Incoming inspection for WTG & BOP Equipment’s
- Site Process audits (Foundation, Pile, Transmission Line, substation, and WTG assembly)
- Support for preparation of risk assessment for new projects
- Creation of NCR’s for product and process issues and monitor closely till closure
- Root Cause Analysis and Problem-Solving programs
- Support construction for customer complaints
- Lesson learned for a new project based on completion projects
- Identification of continuous improvements projects during Process
- Any Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Graduate
- More than 5+ year of relevant work experience in Quality Management, 7QC Tool, SAP, etc.,
- Knowledge in WTG Components and Function, WTG Assembly Process, Tools, etc.
- Reading Drawings for foundation Transmission Line, Substation requirements and their functions
- Knowledge in Electrical Components and Function
- Knowledge in WTG Foundation & pile process, Raw material inspection & testing
What We Offer
- We offer a very exciting job in a flat, multi-cultural, and creative department focusing on reaching high-quality results. To us, it is all about knowing the market and our customers, defining the right solutions, and getting it done – all in the best possible way. We would like you to participate in that mission.
- Your primary workplace will be in Chennai
- This role requires 80% site travel
- Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 18th Jan’21.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.