Position – Condition Monitoring Engineer
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Operations Engineering, Remote Operations Centers, Condition Monitoring
The condition Monitoring team is part of Service Operations in Service, mainly focusing on monitoring activities such as analysis on vibration data and standard signals to measure performance and determine the condition of the wind turbines and components, combining and developing methods to detect and highlight potential failures and damages before they happen, having an important role to optimize service operations.
- Primary responsibilities will be monitoring and diagnosing the health condition of wind turbine gearboxes, main bearings, and generators to highlight potential failures or damages before they happen
- Technical reporting of potential reliability conditions
- Constant interaction with service operations performing a follow up on the alerts detected by the system and the technical actions applied on the field
- Improvement of alert definitions and monitoring templates based on feedback from the field
- Knowledge sharing to spread technical solutions
- Support to service operations on interpreting the predictive models to optimize maintenance
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Programs
- M.E/M.Tech/B.E./B.Tech. – Mechanical/ Electrical Engineer
- Level II Vibration Certification as defined by ISO 18436-2
- +3 years of experience in the industry with Vibration Analysis, Condition Monitoring
- Experience in SKF or BKV vibration analyzer technologies
- Good Understanding about working knowledge of Vibration Analysis Softwares, Vibration Data Acquisition systems, Vibration sensors, and various Condition Monitoring techniques
- Good understanding of gearbox, generator, and bearing failure modes and problem-solving
- Expertise in Root Cause Failure Analysis, Basic Fault Diagnosis, and Condition Evaluation
- Experienced on the commercial side, and decidedly “hands-on” and not just theoretical
- Bring not just an analytics-orientation, but the ability to use analytics to promote key growth metrics related to yield management and revenue generation
- Fluency in English and have good communication, presentation skills
- Innovative, structured, self-motivated, communicative, reliable, credible, open-minded, ambitious
- Six Sigma – DMAIC/DFSS, a good understanding of the application of various statistical tools in data analysis and problem-solving
- Exposure to Condition Monitoring of Wind Turbines
- Knowledge of SQL, Matlab, and R is good to have
What We Offer
We offer an exciting and international job with great opportunities for professional and personal development possibilities in an inspiring environment at a well-known wind turbine manufacturer. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment.
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 31st Jan’21.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.