Position – Sourcing Projects Leader
Company – SUEZ
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka
Who we are?
- With 90,000 people on five continents, SUEZ is a world leader in smart and sustainable resource management. We provide water and waste management solutions that enable cities and industries to optimize their resource management and strengthen their environmental and economic performances.
- SUEZ Water Technologies & Solutions looks for innovation everywhere. For more than 100 years, SUEZ has been at the forefront of innovation, from the SUEZ Canal to addressing water scarcity. Finding solutions to the world’s biggest problems has never been more important than right now. Join us today and become an essential part of the Resource Revolution!
Who are we looking for?
- 10 years minimum experience in increasing roles in purchasing, strategic sourcing, or supply chain.
- Must have worked with Industries preferably in Oil & Gas/Energy/Heavy Engineering sectors.
- Should have good experience in the procurement of Pressure vessels, steel Fabrication of piping and structures, Valves, Pumps, Compressors, Electrical & Instrumentation items.
- Must possess good knowledge and understanding of commercial negotiation skills, purchase terms and conditions for various equipment items and commodities.
- Must have superior communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be proficient with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Above average analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Capable of working in a team, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings with the ability to communicate technical information to various internal and external customers.
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing priorities.
- ERP experience required, preferably with SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (preferably in Mechanical/Industrial) or Supply Chain Management from an accredited university or college.
What will you be doing?
- For Engineered Systems Projects, the Sourcing Project Leader coordinates the external supply chain activities from the kick-off through execution until the project closeout, in accordance with the project strategy and the project team. Operationally in the project, maintains the sourcing strategy, animates, and coordinates the external supply chain activities for the project team.
- Defines and executes the external supply chain strategy with the stakeholders in accordance with the project requirements and planning.
- Coordinates with Category Management the execution of the category strategies.
- Coordinates with Supplier Quality Engineer for the supplier’s approval, qualification, and quality plan
- Outlines strategies and plans to minimize cost and time variances.
- Coordinates on-time deliveries of quality material with the Regional Projects Supply Chain Leader.
- Develop and participate in a post-project review forum to identify areas of improvement and opportunities.
- Responsible for receiving and ensuring the quality and completeness of Purchase Requisitions with Engineering / Material Planning.
- Manages the creation of Purchase Orders based on Category Managers’ negotiated material cost and confirmation of the delivery date.
- Manages relationships with suppliers for PO execution: order acknowledgment, promise date, and on-time delivery
- Identifies underperforming or non-performing suppliers during the project life cycle.
- Drives key metrics around PO cycle time, deflation, on-time delivery, and payment terms
- Manages supplier selection and negotiation on all non-category supplied items.
- Ensures Purchase Order modification is done based on ECN or SDR and coordinates with Category Management and Sourcing Project Leadership.
- Obtains the savings target on the project and applies all standard levers available through the
- Sourcing Team, while satisfying the cost, schedule, and quality requirements of the
- Participates in the planning, scheduling, and production control of the project.
- Maintains the project purchasing dashboard using the standard tools.
- Tracks and follows the project costs and time variances while taking all necessary actions to avoid deviations to budget.
- Interfaces with project management and engineering to maintain the material and delivery targets and sourcing resource requirements.
- Identifies critical and strategic suppliers with category management.
- Focuses on project objectives (contractual conditions, purchasing budget, delivery targets, planning, and quality).
- Anticipates available discounts and maintains the committed budget
- Responsible for complying with and enforcing the procedures and processes of the company.
- Participate in BCC sourcing to optimize purchasing value.
- Participate in various Value Analysis projects & Kaizen blitz projects to improve sourcing.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Compensation: Annual 0.00 – 0.00 INR
- Is relocation for this position offered:
- Number of Job Openings: 1
- Company Grade/Band: Lead Professional
SUEZ’s Water Technologies and Solutions (SWTS) offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation.
WTS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.