Position – Blade Repair Technician – Wind Turbine
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Service Operations, Service IND, Planning & Resource Pool
Customer Service Department handles Post-sales Service Operations to meet the contractual obligations with customers.
- Provide onsite support on the evaluation of blade damages and repair methods
- Ensure adherence to Vesta’s standards of safety and quality work practices
- Communication within internal stakeholders on the damage during construction/transportation
- Planning, maintaining calibration tools, personal protective equipment (PPEs) and maintain all related records
- Travel to different wind farms for blade repair supervision, troubleshooting, and administrative support
- Ensure process adherence to Vestas Installation work instructions for all blade related activities
- Support operations with tooling, up tower repair, maintenance, and inspection
- Develop and maintain region-specific technical documentation related to blade inspection and repairs
- Allocate tasks to blade service technicians according to their level of certification
- ITI/Diploma/Engineering Degree in Polymer/Mechanical/Chemical Engineering
- Minimum 3-8 years of work experience with different levels of blade repairs or similar relating to fiber composite manufacturing/repair
- Exposure to Glass fiber, Carbon fiber, Epoxy resin system and knowledge of different composite manufacturing processes (Vacuum bagging, Infusion, etc.), also experience in Polyester resin system would be advantageous
- Experience in service operations would be an additional advantageous
- Ability to read, comprehend and write English as well as the regional language
- Ability to effectively participate in all training courses
- Comfort working remotely with limited supervisory interaction
- Effective follow-up & attention to detail
- Tracking and ensuring that work is done as per schedule
What We Offer
Vestas provides an open, respectful, and global culture, an attractive compensation package, and long-term career development. We care and respect all employees and will offer: On the job training, A perfect platform for professional and personal development, Bonus Program &, etc. In return, we expect you to go the extra mile to achieve results.
Your primary site location would be anywhere in India
This role requires frequent traveling across the sites in India
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 28th Feb’21.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We design, manufacture, install, and service wind turbines across the globe, and with more than 113 GW of wind turbines in 81 countries, we have installed more wind power than anyone else.
Through our industry-leading smart data capabilities and unparalleled more than 96 GW of wind turbines under service, we use data to interpret, forecast, and exploit wind resources and deliver best-in-class wind power solutions.
Together with our customers, Vestas’ more than 25.000 employees are bringing the world sustainable energy solutions to power a bright future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills and perspectives, and gives everyone equal access to opportunity.
We invite you to learn more about Vestas by visiting our website at www.vestas.com and following us on our social media channels.