Position – Assistant Lead Engineer – WRA
Company – Vestas
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Vestas is the world leader in wind technology and a driving force in the development of the wind power industry. Vestas’ core business comprises the development, manufacture, sale, marketing, and maintenance of Wind Turbines. Come and join us at Vestas!
Global Siting Solutions > Global Siting – NCE Central, NW & Offshore > NCE North & West
Wind and Site evaluation is a critical step in the Wind Power Plant sales process for Vestas. This position has an important part in identifying and quantifying technical risks of wind power projects and generating and capturing value through innovative customized technical solutions. This is your opportunity to work with a global specialist who will offer training and technology within a flexible working environment. You will be responsible for Wind & Site supporting phase in the sales process. Your focus will be on value-adding high-quality statistical analysis as well as project layout design, load assessments, and associated customer support. The main location is in Chennai, India
- Perform wind and site statistical modeling and analyses, including the determination of wind resource and site characteristics
- Develop wind turbine site layouts and optimize turbine configurations based on conformance with standards, power production, and construction considerations
- Verify wind turbine design life estimation via load calculations
- Ensure the technical review process (Guidelines and checklists) reflects regional-specific requirements if any
- Mitigate technical risks in daily execution for responsible SBU
- Master’s/ Bachelor’s in Mechanical / Electrical / Renewable / Energy / Similar specialization
- Minimum of 4+ years of experience in engineering with a background in wind resource assessment- sales support
- Experience with industry-specific software applications such as Windographer WAsP and windPRO is highly desired
- Have an interest in wind, terrain, aerodynamics, and dynamically loaded constructions
- Fluent and clear in written and spoken English
- Critical thinking mindset
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive situation and prioritize various tasks in a consistent/deadline-oriented environment
- Good organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Demonstrated flexibility working in a diverse and changing organization
- Work in a structured and systematic way and have consistent attention to detail, enabling you to meet deadlines
- Willing to work under different time shifts
- Exposure to different cultures across Globe
What We Offer
We offer an exciting and international job with excellent opportunities for professional and personal development in an inspiring environment at an established wind turbine producer. We value initiative, responsibility, and the right balance between creativity and quality in all solutions. You will become part of a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment. The qualified candidate will have the opportunity for both professional and personal development in a rapidly expanding organization. In return, we expect you to make an effort to achieve results.
Vestas provides an open, respectful, and global culture, an attractive compensation package, and long-term career development. Choose us, choose a brilliant future! To meet business growing needs, Vestas needs a lot of expertise to join us.
It is the policy of Vestas to afford equal employment opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, gender, or national origin, and to afford equal opportunity to veterans and individuals with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial, or local law. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application or interview process should notify a representative within the People & Culture department
Your primary workplace will be Vestas India, Chennai.
Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date. Please be advised to apply on or before 20th December 2023.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner in sustainable energy solutions. We specialize in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce that embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to creating and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.