Position – Product Engineer – Milling
Company – FLSmidth Inc.
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Create a better future!
Do you want to make a difference in the world and contribute to a sustainable future? We believe we can develop the technology and gain the know-how to make that difference. We have launched our ambition, Mission Zero – enabling our customers to move towards zero emissions in mining and cement. We need your leadership skills, curiosity, and drive for change to fulfill our goal. Together, we enable our customers to produce the materials needed for a better future.
You will be part of the global Technology team who are responsible for Grinding Mills. By joining this team, you will have the chance to work in an international environment involving different cultures and different challenges.
- Responsibility for the design integrity of the project
- Responsible for on-time, on-budget, and quality of engineering packages for individual projects
- Works on standardization, product improvement, and development efforts of product line (Value Engineering)
- Supports technical development of members within the team.
- Travels to job sites and regional offices as required in support of equipment problems, installations, and sales efforts.
- Assists operations with manufacturing problems and implementation of low-cost sourcing initiatives.
- May assist in the development of design standards/guides, guide specifications, and design control procedures.
- Analyzes complex design problems requiring the development of new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Reviews and approves design drawings including 3D.
- Reviews customer specifications
- Performs and Reviews mechanical calculations.
- Promotes a culture of personal and team safety, including others who may be affected by the company’s operational activities.
What you bring
- Experience in designing industrial equipment.
- Proficient in reading and understanding technical drawings.
- Proficient with Solid Works and AutoCAD and using PLM systems.
- Proficient with engineering design tools
- Proficient in Manufacturing processes, materials, and global quality standards
- Proficient in engineering fundamentals ·
- Proficient in change management and conflict resolution
- Ability to collaborate with core design teams to achieve a working solution to problems and/or design issues.
- Previous experience with Milling is preferred.
What we offer
- Competitive remuneration package & access to salary packaging options to allow you to maximize your after-tax income.
- Competitive benefits package including Health Insurance, Personal Accident / Disability, Group Term Life Insurance, Annual health check-up, and voluntary insurance options.
- Work-life balance with a flexible work schedule so you can focus on professional and personal priorities.
- Time to recharge through 30 days PTO (with up to 10 days carry forward as Earned Leave stock)
- Employee Assistance program for you and your immediate family
- A global network of supportive colleagues and growth opportunities
- Continuous development and training in your area of expertise within a global Organization
As an equal-opportunity employer, FLSmidth embraces diversity and equality by promoting an environment of inclusion.
We encourage applicants of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply – the more diverse our employees are, the stronger our team is.
In our commitment to equal opportunity and eliminating bias, we kindly request that you exclude personal information such as age, ethnicity, number of children, and photographs from your application materials.
Kindly note that we will review applications and interview actively, so please apply as soon as possible.
We will contact candidates via email.
No recruiters and unsolicited agency referrals, please