Valmet Inc. is hiring | Design Engineer |
Position – Design Engineer, R&D, VC&A
Company – Valmet Inc.
Location – Amarnath, Maharashtra, IN
Are you an energetic and strategic-minded person who wantsto be part of Design engineer team, Valmet Flow Control Business line is looking for a Design Engineer, VC&A in Ambernath Mumbai.
Valmet’s Flow Control business line is one of the leading providers of mission-critical flow control solutions and services for process industries. We employ about 2,850 people in approximately 40 countries. With our global team of experts and innovative solutions, we help our customers to improve their process performance and ensure the safe flow of materials.
Design Engineer R&D is responsible for design & development of Actuator (Rotary & Linear), Solenoid valves & Limit switches.
Responsibilities depend on the project phase and can include tasks from the whole range of the product creation processes, including research activities, Actuator concept design. Product Data Management (PDM) and product launch-related tasks. Product maintenance tasks include design improvements, Engineering Change management and support to other organizations.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Engineer R&D is responsible for the Preparation of General arrangement drawing of the Actuator (Rotary & Linear), Solenoid valves & Limit switches.
Responsibilities depend on the project phase and can include tasks from the whole range of the product creation processes, including research activities, Actuator concept design. Product Data Management (PDM) and product launch-related tasks. Product maintenance tasks include design improvements, Engineering Change management, and support to other organizations.
- Design and development of products and their components including manufacturing drawing and process, BOM, Prototypes, Instruction manual, and testing procedure.
- New product development, engineering calculation, and concept design.
- Standardizing design in accordance with ISO, EN, ASME, and DIN standards.
- Improvement in existing product and value engineering activities.
- Reverse engineering of products for development purposes.
- Interaction with the Product Manager for a better understanding of customers’ requirements.
RELATIONSHIPS & AUTHORITY
- Report to Manager R&D
- Work closely with the team but also with product managers and with production organization (e.g. assembly, machining).
- Maintains engineering documentation in support of product design, company standards, and regulatory requirements through the appropriate Product Data Management systems
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree and minimum 2-4 years related engineering experience.
- Skills or experience in simulation & PDM, are considered a plus
- Should have knowledge of mechanical design and strengths of materials.
- Prior experience using 3D/CAD Solidworks, and CAD Autocad. When everything works togetherValmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 17,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation, and services for the pulp, paper, and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork. Take the next step forward apply here:www.valmet.com/careers