Atlas Copco (India) Ltd. is Hiring | Engineer – Project & Proposal |
Position – Engineer – Project & Proposal
Company – Atlas Copco (India) Ltd.
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
A) Job Title:
Engineer – Project & Proposal
B) Job Summary:
This Position looks after making quantitative and qualitative proposals for the various Customized Tightening Solutions RFQs vis a vis executing the respective Project Orders effectively to the satisfaction of customers and achieving the desired deliverables.
This individual is an expert in both application engineering and project management.
The Position also collaborates very strongly with various stakeholders i.e. Customers, Sales, Service & Project Teams.
The Position is based out of Pune and will be reporting to the “Manager – Project and Proposal”.
C) Responsibilities and Duties:
- Application Engineering of Project Requirements (Tightening Applications)
- Walk the Line with Customer/ Sales Engineer
- Supporting the Sales Team in studying the RFQ and proposing effective Tightening solutions
- Supporting the Sales team in preparing suitable Technical and Commercial Offer
- Working on the Quotation Tool for budgeting
- Constantly interacting with the customers (both Internal & External) for understanding the key requirements of the Project, contractual obligations & project delivery schedule
- Actively initiating the Scope Meetings & participating in Design Meetings to systematically communicate the Project requirements
- Essential planning with the Sourcing team and Suppliers to reduce the lead time and ascertain On-Time deliveries so as to honor the Project Delivery Date.
- Discuss & submit any deviation or concession request to the customer during order execution
- Responsible and accountable for the Installation and Commissioning activities at the Customer’s site.
- Anticipating probable bottle-necks, taking advance action & in-turn arresting profit leakage
- Monitoring the Project Budget vs Actual Cost
- Periodically running backlogs to concentrate on the open orders and open points.
- Establishing a better customer relationship
- Participating in the Design handshaking for critical machines
D) Qualification, Experience & Skills:
- Diploma or B.E/ B. Tech. (Preferably Mechanical, Electrical, or Electronics)
- 2 – 4 years of Work Experience in the field of Application Engineering, Machine Conceptualising, Special Purpose Machines, Budgeting
- Hands-on Experience in Engineering Drawing study, Project/ Order Execution
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to identify and share ideas towards design improvements and cost-effective solutions
- Strong attitude for doing things with minimum supervision and follow-up.
- Establishing a strong and effective relationship with major stakeholders for smooth sailing of the Project and Proposals
Desoutter Industrial Tools
Founded in 1914 and headquartered in France, Desoutter Industrial Tools is a global leader in electric and pneumatic assembly tools serving a wide range of assembly and manufacturing operations, including Aerospace, Automotive, Light and Heavy Vehicles, Off-Road, General Industry.
With over 1,200 employees worldwide, we have opportunities across many functions, designed to develop your skills in a wide range of roles and enhance your career.