Position – APU QUALITY ENGINEER
Company – Valeo
Location – Pune, Maharashtra, IN
Highlight the main responsibilities
- Initiate the QRQC in the QIM database – participate in the containment and validate the robustness of the containment
- Support APU Managers / Site Manager in the analysis of issues assigned in the QRQC activities
- Update the APU quality tracking charts: Customer Returns – Cost of Non-Quality…
- Perform audits on the line to detect non-respect of the Standard and identify with the APU the actions to be completed to therefore comply with the Standard
- Participate in the eradication of Customer issues and Non Quality issues
- Along with the APU, the QRQC meeting ensure that rules are respected, and “Stop at first disagree” and “Stop at first no” is applied
- Perform the revision of the control plan after an issue
- Verify 4M matrix respect with regards product or process changes and ensure customer awareness and approval of changes in accordance with the 4M matrix
- Update the quality documents following a process related change
- Verify the continuous conformance of the process to generate a product to specification in accordance with the control plans (machine capability – yearly product audit …)
- Has authority to stop a manufacturing/assembly line in any situation where Standards are not respected or a safety or quality risk for the operator or for the customer has been detected or following an LLC Stability audit demonstrating lower than 100%
- Represent Customer within Valeo on Quality matters (communication/Escalation)
- In the case of the APU Quality Leader position, he will report to this position and will not supersede APU Quality Leader and Site Quality Manager authority.
- Education – B.E. Mechanical
- Exp. – 2 Yrs
“Valeo is very well positioned in the hybrid and electric car and autonomous vehicle markets.”Jacques Aschenbroich
The strategy implemented in 2009, has paid off. Valeo’s sales growth has outpaced the global automotive production’s, and order intake has attained record levels, with more than one-third involving innovation. Since 2014, the group unveiled its new identity as a full-fledged tech company and joined the CAC40 blue-chip index. In recognition of its new status, it was included in Thomson Reuters’ list of Top Global Innovator 2015.
In 2017, the Group opened valeo.ai. Based in the heart of Paris, this global Artificial Intelligence research center for automotive applications conducts ambitious research projects, especially in assisted and autonomous driving.
In 2018, Valeo became a world leader in electrification, fitting a third of all vehicles in the world with its electrical systems.
In December 2019, Valeo won a Research & Development award for its high definition LED smart lighting technology at the Innovation Awards for Franco-Chinese Teams.
Its innovation strategy is backed by research and technology partnerships such as Safran, acquisitions such as peiker, Spheros, gestigon, FTE Automotive, and Ichikoh (takeover), investments in technology start-ups, investments in venture capital funds as well as joint ventures like Valeo Siemens EAutomotive, specialized in the development of high-power solutions for hybrid, plug-in hybrid and all-electric vehicles and Kapec, the world leader in torque converters.