Valeo is Hiring | Junior Engineer / Engineer – CAD |
Position – Junior Engineer / Engineer – CAD
Company – Valeo
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Valeo is a tech global company, designing breakthrough solutions to reinvent mobility. We are an automotive supplier partner to automakers and new mobility actors worldwide. Our vision? Invent greener and more secure mobility, thanks to solutions focusing on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emissions. We are a leader on our businesses and recognized as one of the largest global innovative companies.
Description – External
CAD – Computer-Aided Design
- Proficient in CAD software, defining CAD models 3D or 2D, relating design specifications or CAD elements given by PTM RD/Design Leaders/Design Engineers.
- Define/build 3D models that will be consistent relative to mold/plastics constraints, clash/clearance with other components or mechanical constraints.
- Define 2D Drawings, consistent regarding drawing rules/layout/functional tolerances.
- Responsible for the 2D/3D definition of his (or her) own component, part of the component in terms of the good application of Branch CAD methodology rules, CAD models quality, CAD quality tools, checklists, and auto control.
- Responsible of small technical definitions (Clip, locating …) or local area design (Standard integration, strengthen ribs, harness …).
- Follow and promote the quality procedures.
- Validate & follow up of all CAD data concerning his (or her) project inside VLS Branch PDM/PLM systems.
- Responsible of lead-time/costs of his tasks (Efficiency and timing follow-up) by respecting project milestones/deadline.
- CAD tasks management:
- May pilot if needed CAD operators and follow up of the CAD operations.
- May plan, define and control if needed CAD Work Orders tasks
CAD Key Skills:
- Automotive, Exterior Lighting, Headlamp, Rear lamp,
- Application of Plastics, Plastics – Mould / Tooling
- Product Design, Product Engineering, CATIA V5
- CAS – Computer-Aided Styling
- Computer-aided styling of Headlamps and Rear lamps in relationship with P1 team.
- Look for design innovations in lighting and signaling (transversal inputs ).
- Participation in style branch network
- Participation in Benchmarking activities
Follow the development of products in terms of design, and make proposals
Make design proposals in sketches, 3D, and renderings.
Participate in the design and implementation models for introducing and promoting new ideas
Participate in the Valeo design process ( DR, etc..)
Job: R&D Engineer
Organization: Engineering Mechanical VIS – J
Schedule: Full time
Job Type: Permanent contract
Job Posting Date: 2023-04-21
Join Us !
Being part of our team, you will join:
- one of the largest global innovative companies, with more than 20,000 engineers working in Research & Development
- a multicultural environment that values diversity and international collaboration
- more than 100,000 colleagues in 31 countries… which make a lot of opportunity for career growth
- a business highly committed to limiting the environmental impact if its activities and ranked by Corporate Knights as the number one company in the automotive sector in terms of sustainable development
More information on Valeo: https://www.valeo.com