Position – Engineer – CAD
Company – Valeo
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Valeo is a tech global company, designing breakthrough solutions to reinvent the mobility. We are an automotive supplier partner to automakers and new mobility actors worldwide. Our vision? Invent a greener and more secured mobility, thanks to solutions focusing on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emissions. We are leader on our businesses, and recognized as one of the largest global innovative companies.
Using the M-CAD system, design: Systems, Products and Components.
In relation with the Product Technical Engineer / Leader / Manager of the related projet(s):
- Develop innovative and reliable solutions that fulfill specifications.
- Design 3D model and prepare definition files for products, prototypes and test means.
- Share technical topics with prototype workshop and suppliers.
- Prepare technical file to justify choice of concept and solutions.
- Build 2D drawing with functional dimensions according to ISO standard.
- Build tolerance stack-up and optimize dimensioning.
- Define and identify functional and critical characteristics.
- Support project planning edition and update.
- Apply CAD methodologies and deliver CAD data that pass Q-Checker.
- Manage Product definition file into the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) database.
People Management: YES NO
If People Management, how many employees are managed?
Number of people
Budget Management: YES NO
Qualifications – External
- DME or equivalent in Mechanical Design
- Depending on the experience level required for the mission
- One to two years’ experience in Mechanical Design
- One to two years’ experience in Automotive industry
Key Competences (Transversal/Professional)
CATIA V5: Part Design, Assembly Design, Drafting
Manufacturing processes: Molding, Stamping, Machining…
Functional dimensioning, ISO geometric tolerancing
English & Local langage
Organization:Engineering Mechanical Team VIS
Job Type: Permanent contract
Job Posting Date:2023-05-26
Join Us ! Being part of our team, you will join:
- one of the largest global innovative companies, with more than 20,000 engineers working in Research & Development
- a multi-cultural environment that values diversity and international collaboration
- more than 100,000 colleagues in 31 countries… which make a lot of opportunities for career growth
- a business highly committed to limiting the environmental impact if its activities and ranked by Corporate Knights as the number one company in the automotive sector in terms of sustainable development
More information on Valeo: https://www.valeo.com