Position – GTC – Mechanical – Engineer – CAD
Company – Valeo
Location – Chennai, Tamil Nadu, IN
GTC – Mechanical – Engineer – CAD – ( 220008YD )
- Responsible for Design activities concerning Comfort and Driving Assistance Product lines specifically Radar Systems – involving Parking Sensors, Rain light sensors and corresponding ECUs.
- Interaction with other divisions or units worldwide and establish a strong and intimate customer relationship
- Strong interpersonal competence and acting good team player
- Guarantee the respect of best practice and standards, establish and capitalize new standards when applicable
- Study Inputs, review Statement of Understanding and Estimation for job related to CAD and FOV simulation
- Perform Quality Checks and approve jobs as and when needed.
- Perform system, assembly, component design and calculation
- Prepare solid models, detailed drawings, bill of material and specifications / FOV Models and Reports
- Manage engineering changes for the products
- Work together with other Valeo divisions in Europe & Asia for Product Design / Development
- Benchmarking & Reverse Engineering as and when needed
- BE / B Tech in Mechanical Engineering from a reputed institute or university
- Excellent Background in Mechanical Component Design & Development process in Automotive industry or similar background experience
- Candidate must have 1 – 3 years of significant professional experience in R&D, Product development.
- Knowledge on Ultrasonic or sensor technology will be an added advantage..
- Good knowledge on GD&T and stack-up analysis
- Strong exposure in engineering of product integrating mechanical/PCB interface, plastic, Aluminum. components
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Ability to mentor team of junior engineers and engineers in the CAD metier.
- Experience in automotive industry very much appreciated. Knowledge on camera systems is desirable.
Mission and key figures
Valeo is an automotive supplier and partner to automakers worldwide. As a technology company, we design innovative solutions for smart mobility, with a particular focus on intuitive driving and reducing CO2 emissions. The Group also provides and distributes spare parts for automakers and independent aftermarket operators.
Statement of Purpose
Valeo’s ambition, as a tech company, is to play a major role in tomorrow’s mobility. At the heart of today’s environmental and social issues, future mobility must be greener, safer and more diverse. It must also contribute to the well-being and safety of citizens and consumers.
We will achieve our ambition thanks to our unique positioning and technological leadership in areas that are at the heart of the transformation of the automotive industry and sustainable mobility, across the globe. This positioning and leadership are rooted in our expertise, innovations and operational excellence. They are driven by our values and business culture, oriented towards serving our customers, employees, shareholders and the regions in which we operate.