Position – Stress and Lifing Engineer
Company – Rolls-Royce
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
An exciting opportunity has arisen to influence and shape the future of the Defence business in India. You would be employed directly by Rolls-Royce and you will be involved in supporting design modifications, and deliver solutions that satisfy customer requirements by balancing product attributes, working with multi-disciplinary teams and providing stress/lifing solutions.
At Rolls-Royce, we look beyond tomorrow. We continually pioneer integrated power and propulsion solutions to deliver cleaner, safer and more competitive power.
We’re the second largest global provider of defence aero-engine products and services globally with 16,000 engines in the service of 160 customers in 100 countries. Our engines power aircraft in every major sector, including: transport, combat, patrol, trainers, helicopters and unmanned aerial vehicles.
You will be supporting the Design function by undertaking analysis of the proposed designs to ensure that they are robust and that they meet requirements.
The Mechanical Integrity Engineer also makes recommendations to optimise the design and applies Robust Engineering (Design for Process Excellence) principles.
- To conduct Aero/Thermal, Acoustic and Structure Mechanical Design and Analysis. This includes selection and generation as well as involvement in further development of numerical models, use of numeral calculation methods, developing of interdisciplinary agreed boundary conditions and implementation into own models as well as into models of other disciplines (e.g. performance), plausibility check of boundary conditions, execution and analysis of numerical model calculations, understanding calculations as well as derive suggestion for improvements.
- To conduct Aero/Thermal, Acoustic and Structure Mechanical experiments. This includes preparation of experiment specification for tests on test rigs and engines, supervision and support of experiments, plausibility check of results during the execution of the test, analysis and interpretation of test results and comparison with analytical and/or empirical models.
- To resolve problems through evaluative judgements. Analyses factual information from multiple sources, interprets results and identifies effective solutions by applying their own technical knowledge, expertise and engineering judgement.
- Is responsible for defined technical packages/investigations of work providing delivery against programme milestones within agreed cost, timescale and quality requirements.
- To be a point of contact within a given engineering discipline and to share subject matter knowledge across the function. This may include providing advisory services to designated customers, influencing their peer group, representing senior departmental staff and acting as advisor/coach on matters where they are technically authoritative.
Key Experiences and any Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or Master’s in Engineering or regional equivalent qualification, or equivalent experience.
- Strong technical knowledge in mechanical design methodologies and have an understanding of cross-discipline engineering concepts which include but are not limited to manufacturing engineering, aerodynamics, thermodynamics, thermal and mechanical analysis, cost engineering and product definition.
- An ability to apply logical, analytical and innovative thinking on a range of technical problems and make balanced decisions across technical and business parameters
- Knowledge and experience of product integrity / liability and certification frameworks.
- We offer excellent development, a competitive salary and exceptional benefits. These include bonus, employee support assistance and employee discounts.
- Pioneer the performance of the future. Join us and you’ll develop your skills and expertise to the very highest levels, working in an international environment for a company known the world over for brilliance and innovation.
Our People are our Power
We are an equal opportunities employer. We’re committed to developing a diverse workforce and an inclusive working environment. We believe that people from different backgrounds and cultures give us different perspectives. And the more perspectives we have, the more successful we’ll be. By building a culture of respect and appreciation, we give everyone who works here the opportunity to realise their full potential.
You can learn more about our global Diversity and Inclusion strategy here.
So that you can be your best at work and home, we’ll consider flexible working arrangements for everyone, in any role.