Position – Engineer – R&D
Company – TVS
Exp. – 0 – 2 years
Location – Tamil Nadu, IN
TVS Srichakra Limited, makers of the TVS Eurogrip brand of tires is one of India’s leading manufacturers and exporters of Two, and Three-Wheeler tires and Off-Highway tires. With global research and development capabilities and cutting-edge technology, TVS Srichakra produces industry-leading tires for the automotive sector in India and worldwide.
Incorporated in 1982 & headquartered in Madurai, TVS Srichakra has manufacturing facilities in Madurai (Tamil Nadu) and Pantnagar (Uttarakhand) with a production capacity of over 3 million tires a month. The company has a design center in Milan, Italy supporting the R&D center in Madurai, and the tires are tested in Indian, European, and Japanese road conditions. TVS Srichakra’s products are available in over 85 countries across the world. In India, the company enjoys a significant market share amongst the original equipment manufacturers and replacement markets and has a comprehensive network of distributors and dealers giving it a robust presence.
Responsibilities include the ability to work independently and to pursue interdisciplinary collaborations, both within and amongst other departments at TSL; running 2D / 3D simulations for new products as per the design provided by the New Product Development (NPD) team, analyzing simulation output/results and estimating performance metrics to ensure its correlation to the expected product performance and help create an innovative and globally recognized research center.
Successful applicants will have unique opportunities at T.S.L to work with some of the best minds across the world
Role & responsibilities
- No. of design simulations for new products
- On-time FEA analysis
- No. of improvements in simulation standards
- % Conformance of results between simulation models and experimental data
- % time reduction due to CAE automation & optimization accuracy in documentation
Simulation and Analysis for NPD
- Perform static and dynamic inflation, fatigue (low cycle and high cycle), contact, and material degradation analyses on rubber air springs.
- Analyze the product design – drawings, specifications, documentation, etc. provided by the NPD team to understand the details of the new product design for simulation.
- Apply FEM (Finite Element Method) techniques in product simulation design so as to predict deformations under static and dynamic loads.
- Participate in finite element modeling for analyzing the problems related to structural and thermal characteristics.
- Analyze simulation output/results and estimate performance metrics to ensure their correlation to the expected product performance.
- Collect all the input data from the NPD development team and study the structural and physical behavior of the component/assembly.
- Devise and implement ways and methods to improve the simulation success rate.
- Develop new tests for simulation and drive continuous improvements to the processes to reduce simulation cycle time.
- Correlate the testing results to the expected results and prepare an analysis report for the same.
- Based on the analyzed results provide inputs to the FEA Head in finalizing design and specifications.
- Implement codes for Computer Aided Engineering (ABAQUS, HYPER MESH) methods to perform linear, nonlinear, static, quasi-static, and dynamic analyses including material model development for rubber air springs.
- Develop profile optimization & virtual validation codes to support designs.
- Keep etrack of progress/timelines and ensure timely documentation of the activities.
- Prepare reports and document all analysis results as per defined timelines.
Preferred candidate profile Education:
- B.E./ B. Tech (Mechanical Engineering) – 2023/22 Passed Out Candidates from IITs/NITs/ Anna University.