Position – Senior Engineer – Product Engineering
Company – Trane Technologies
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
The Engineer will support or lead simple to complex projects or phases of a project to ensure the completion of milestones against a committed timeline. Projects could be NPD, NTP, Productivity, RTS, or QR type. This role calls for collaboration with cross-functional multi-location teams to ensure that the projects are accomplished to high quality, adhering to our standard processes, systems, and project management principles, while remaining aligned with the strategy and goals of the organization.
- Understand project requirements, collaborate with project owners, leaders cross-functional teams across the globe for the delivery of projects, by adhering to standard processes, systems, and project management principles
- Ability to solve technical problems, identify solutions, participate in concept reviews, critical design reviews, other technical discussions with the global team.
- Create and release engineering documentation using PLM PDM software like ProE Windchill. (Design, Drawings, Bill of material, and Specifications).
- Co-ordinate with a cross-functional team to implement design changes.
- BE degree/ Masters in Mechanical / Automobile/ Mechatronics engineering with good academics
- 4 to 7 years of hands-on experience in component selection, system integration, concept development, design calculations, design engineering in the domain currently working.
- Demonstrates ability to get to the root cause and to take effective action to solve problems. Hands-on experience with problem solving tools.
- Experience in product design, development process/phases; Hands-on experience in DFMEA and test plan development. Exposure to prototype/engineering builds testing.
- Basic knowledge in understanding material properties for materials selection considering application requirements.
- Good understanding of GDT for design application considering manufacturing process tooling limitations.
- Demonstrates innovation initiative approach at work, ability to develop new methods and approaches.
- Fosters effective teamwork where people work together to achieve common goals. A strong team player that is capable of working with others.
- Excellent communication skills. Demonstrates the ability to communicate ideas and results in a clear and concise manner.
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share a passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.