Position – Gas Turbine – Mechanical Design Engineer
Company – Siemens Limited
Location – Gurgaon, Haryana, IN
Looking for challenging role? If you really want to make a difference – make it with us
Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value the excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
- Responsible for designing Gas Turbine rotating & stationary components (e.g. blades & vanes, Rotor, Casings, combustion, etc.) to meet the full spectrum of design requirements (functionality, robustness, cost-effectiveness, manufacturing requirements and technology, assembly requirements, and service requirements)
- Development of innovative design solutions. Controls risk of design changes with appropriate methods like FMEA.
- Applies appropriate methods which focus on robust design, like tolerance, analysis, standards, and design rules.
- Creates, evaluates, reviews, and applies specifications and other technical documents, e.g. design philosophy, purchasing specification, working specification, drawings, BOM, MM, checklists, manufacturing data, standard part calculations, and component description.
- Create/prepare/review 2D and 3D CAD model of individual/assembly Nx model of Gas Turbine stationary and Rotating components. Tool experience in Nx will be preferred.
- Exposure & experience in model-based definition or PMI will be preferred
- Create, understand, review & modify manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components. Create/review the bill of material, Material Master, inspection specification of GT components as per SIEMENS standard practice.
- Seamless transfer of product definition input and output between CAD modeler and project lead respectively.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
- Mechanical engineer graduate/postgraduate with more than 4 years of experience in design and product development of turbomachinery i.e. Gas turbine, Steam turbine components.
- Graduate/post-graduate degree holder from recognized college/university
- Proficiency and experience in design tools, CAD software Pro-E, Nx, standard manufacturing process, standard fit & tolerances
- Proficiency and experience in creating/reviewing manufacturing/assembly/fabrication drawings of Gas Turbine components.
- Good understanding of bill of material, Material master, material specification etc.
- Exposure to SAP and Teamcenter.
- Strong interpersonal skill i.e. team player, quick learner, imaginative, innovative,
- Ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Gurgaon, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We’re dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers