Position – Engineer – 1D Modelling and Simulation
Company – Trane Technologies
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Trane TechnologiesTM and through our businesses including Trane® and Thermo King®, we create innovative climate solutions for buildings, homes, and transportation that challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world. We’re a team that dares to look at the world’s challenges and see impactful possibilities. We believe in a better future when we uplift others and enable our people to thrive at work and at home. We boldly go.
The senior engineer will be a part of a team which works closely with product development teams from multiple business units enabling them to take engineering decisions based upon data from physics and data driven system and component models. This role involves development of mechanical and HVAC-R system and component models using both physics-based equations and data. The role seeks a highly motivated individual keen on learning new technologies and solving engineering challenges.
- Develop physics based and data driven system models for conventional, hybrid, and electrified HVAC-R, Battery electric systems using in-house and commercial Modelica component libraries
- Perform system and component model testing, validation and calibration based on test data
- Promote use of system models for design trade-off studies
- Work with product designers globally on challenging modelling problems and develop accurate and numerically robust system models
- Support product development team by providing system model simulation data for various types of system architectures and operating conditions
- Automate repetitive simulation workflows for mistake-proofing and reducing manual effort
- Develop metamodels using in-house method
Skills and Education:
- Bachler’s or Master’s Degree in Mechanical, Thermal Engineering or relevant streams from reputed universities with consistent track record.
- 2 to 4 years of experience in development and validation of physics based 1D models of Thermal, HVAC-R systems.
- 2-4 years of hands-on experience in Dymola, Matlab, Simulink
- Proficiency in Modelica programming and Matlab/python scripting
- Knowledge of FMI based model exchange and co-simulation
- Proficiency in developing equation-based numerically robust component models, numerical analysis
- Firm grasp of fluid dynamics, thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Strong in analytical and problem-solving skill
- Self-motivated, able to function effectively in independent and team based situations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills required with good interpersonal skills, able to express concepts and ideas with clarity.
If you come with a career break of at least 12 months and match the work experience requirement mentioned, you are eligible to apply. We have a Relaunch Program for professionals looking to restart their careers.We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs. We are an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.