Position – Engineer – Mechanical Component
Company – GE Renewable Energy
Location – Padappai, Tamil Nadu, IN
Job Description Summary
Activities contributing to the design and development of products, Simulation studies of substations, Product solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
- Execute the design, simulate the design by analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Structural simulation skills and work experience of Ansys work bench is mandate
- Seismic and wind load calculation are required
- Broadening knowledge of own technical discipline to execute policy/strategy. May include support roles with specialized technical field of knowledge; still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills.
- Basic understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. Good understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- May have some autonomy to make decisions within a defined framework. Resolves issues in situations that require good technical knowledge and judgment within established procedures. Consults more senior team members for issues outside of defined instructions/parameters.
- A job at this level requires good interpersonal skills and may be required to lead a junior team. For customer facing roles, develops strong customer relationships and serves as the interface between customer and GE. Explains technical information to others.
- This role requires basic experience in the Engineering/Technology & Mechanical Component. Knowledge level is comparable to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college ( or a high school diploma with relevant experience).
- Strong Knowledge in CAD work is a mandate
- Knowledge on CREO with large models are desired
- ECN ECR management Skill considered to be advantage
Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
- Additional Job Description (for Internal Job Posting Only)
- Hands on experience in Creo is must
- GIS Product Knowledge is added advantage
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes