Position – Associate Tech Lead – Product Engineering
Company – Trane Technologies
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
At Trane Technologies® we Challenge Possible. Our brands – including Trane® and Thermo King® – create access to cooling and comfort in buildings and homes, transport and protect food and perishables, connect customers to elevated performance with less environmental impact, dramatically reduce energy demands and carbon emissions, and innovate with a better world in mind. We boldly challenge what’s possible for a sustainable world.
This resource will be engaged in the area of NPD, Value Engineering, Quality Reliability, and Sustenance type of projects having accountability for project execution meeting Quality, Delivery Cost (QDC). The resource is also expected to be competent in the areas of thermal engineering, the strength of the material, electro-mechanical, Fans Blower selection with competency on Airflow that involves structural design and calculations, system component design, and selection, engineering processes activities like Problem solving, DFMEA DVPR.
- Understand project requirements, collaborate with project owners, leaders cross-functional teams across the globe for the delivery of projects, by adhering to standard processes, systems, and project management principles
- Ensure the completion of project milestones/deliverables within committed Quality (Q), Delivery (D), Project cost (C) Product cost (C) targets.
- Ability to solve technical problems, identify solutions, participate in concept reviews, critical design reviews, other technical discussions with the global team.
- Develop concepts, design/select develop components along with suppliers, develop component specifications for structural components, fans blowers (electro-mechanical devices) DFMEA, and test plan.
- Create and release engineering documentation using PLM PDM software like ProE Windchill. (Design, Drawings, Bill of material, and Specifications).
- Master degree (Mechatronics / Mechanical) BE degree (Mechanical)
- 4 to 7 Years experience in component selection, system integration, concept development, design calculations design engineering.
- Hands-on experience in DFMEA and test plan development.
- Demonstrates ability to identify the root cause of a problem and take effective action to solve problems.
- Hands-on experience in designing a structural component (load-bearing), Airflow components for the product application.
- A good understanding of component design Manufacturing of plastics, sheet metal, casting machining will be an added advantage.
- Basic knowledge in materials sciences and electrical systems.
- Exposure to refrigeration components and systems will be added advantage.
- Working experience on electrical drives, power electronics battery technologies is an added advantage.
- Strong in engineering basics
- Creative thinking / Innovation
- Project Management
- Communication skills
- Influencing skills
- Interpersonal skills
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share a passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.