Thermo Fisher Scientific is hiring | Refrigeration Engineer |
Position – Refrigeration Engineer I
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
Role & Responsibilities:
As part of a multi-functional development team, major responsibility will include leading various Refrigeration projects, facilitating associated technical evaluation, and implementation for Sustenance Engineering’s Obsolescence management, Quality and Cost out functions.
- Implement validation plans under mentorship
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents. Seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under mentorship.
- Build vital backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship. Seek information for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform alternative component search and basic design calculations.
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation.
- Collaborate (under mentorship) with global validation teams as part of a broader team.
- Build alternate designs solutions for the thermal related components under mentorship.
- Clearly understands passing criteria & identifies simple issues to fix design.
Skills and Competencies:
- Understanding of design, development, and validation of Vapor compression systems
- Component level design simulation using tools for heat exchangers, metering devices etc. is an added advantage.
- Work on low/medium complexity projects with end-to-end project ownership of Thermal/ Refrigeration subsystem and interactions
- Based on product specification, develop concept design, conduct design calculations.
- Seeks clarity in understanding of function of product & derives design constraints that the product would deal with. Develops design & provides concepts accordingly
- Capable of crafting simple transfer functions to ensure design objectives are met
- Aware of different design standards for processes. Uses entitlement to define process tolerances
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or Master’ Degree in relevant engineering domain (RAC, Thermal, Heat Power, etc.) – preferred
- 0-2 years or similar proven experience on the Design and Development of Refrigeration or other Thermal Engineering projects.
- Lead one or two projects end to end of low/ medium complexity (involving Selection/Design Conceptualization, Evaluation, and Site Implementation/ Manufacturing transfer)