Position – Intern – Mechanical Engineering
Company – Thermo Fisher Scientific
Location – Hyderabad, Telangana, IN
We help our customers accelerate life sciences research, solve complex analytical challenges, improve patient diagnostics and increase laboratory productivity. With $1.4 billion invested annually in R&D, our collaborative and diverse teams have the resources they need to drive new discoveries and do cutting-edge research and develop important applications and tools that help millions of lives around the world.
Roles & Responsibilities:
As part of a Material cost & productivity team , major responsibility will include (not limited to) looking for cost out opportunity to build a pipeline in the capacity of a Mechanical Engineer
- Decipher requirements and technical specification documents. Seeks clarification where needed.
- Identify low complexity product requirements & technical specifications under mentorship.
- Identify the cost out design opportunities in the products assigned with through guidance & mentorship
- Build necessary backup info for design concepts & trade off analysis under mentorship. Seek clarity for different tradeoff parameters and complete component selection to meet the technical specifications.
- Independently perform alternative component search and basic design calculations.
- Use tools and apply engineering fundamentals
- Support in design documentation & artifact presentation as per design process.
- Fairly conversant / capable of learning tool usage to support design analysis and simulation.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent understanding of Mechanical Engineering Principles (Structural, Theory of machines and Heat transfer)
- Ability to create design documents based on reviews and designer input. Understanding of engineering drawings and tolerances.
- Applies self-learning to derive component functioning
- Aware of DFM concepts & tries to use where possible
- Can fairly make assessment of part manufacturing processes.
- Aware & can navigate through design and simulation tools. Learns different tools and intent with hands-on experience
- Ability to run basic calculations to prove design
- Ability to optimally work on the below tasks with mentorship
- Contribute to design concepts, trade off analysis and does component selection to meet the technical specifications
- Contribute to design analysis and simulation for design optimization and confirmation to requirements
- Conduct testing as per test plans (including functional and regulatory test cases). Record test results
- Build design documents & artifacts as per design process
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering with 0-4 years of experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. & Canada Colleagues
- All U.S. colleagues are required to disclose vaccination status. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon the first day of employment.
- All U.S. new hires working in Waltham, MA or San Francisco- Mariposa must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
- All U.S. new hires with Field Sales, Field Services, Customer Support, Technical Applications or Executive roles must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
- All Canada new hires with Field Sales, Field Services, Customer Support, Technical Applications roles must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon the first day of employment.