Position – Industrial Engineer
Company – Thermax Limited
Exp. – 2 – 6 years
Location – Vadodara, Gujarat, IN
As a leader in providing Cooling & Heating solutions for the past four decades, C&H Business Unit pioneers in providing innovative solutions for the industry, with a current global turnover of 1270 Cr. This experience, coupled with its manufacturing strength and technology know-how, helped the company to script several innovations to support our clients. Our solutions reach clients in 75 countries across the Asia Pacific, Africa, Middle East, Europe, CIS countries, USA and South America.
The Heating SBU offers a wide range of solution to meet both process heat and power application by way of Steam boiler, Thermal Oil Heaters, Hot Water Generators, Hot Air Generators, Engine Waste Heat Recovery.
Qualification: B.E Industrial /Mechanical
Brief Job Description: Responsible for the Industrial engineering for Shell, Coil & Bi-drum shop at Savli by partnering along with the cross-functional teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Standard Man-hour estimation from engineering fabrication drawings.
- Routing in ERP system for Shell, Coil & Bi-drum projects work. Working knowledge of ERP systems is a must.
- Provide SMH for all new inquiries from Proposal Engineering.
- Work closely in a cross-functional team with Shops, Engineering, Planning, MED & QAC.
- Conducting & updating time studies for manufacturing processes, analysis of work samples, and developing calculating methods of measuring work performance.
- Develop innovative solutions that help businesses by using industrial engineering fundamentals.
- Process mapping & identifying non-value-adding activities from detailed time study, determine New Standard man Hours, cycle time reduction, Value Stream Mapping, etc.
- Calculate, monitor & analyze monthly production load, generate MIS for Heating division.
- Develop a synthetic standards for manufacturing processes.
- Adhering to & ensuring compliance to all Safety parameters as per ISO 45001 and Environmental aspects as per ISO 14001.
Critical Competencies for the Job:
- Must be resourceful, a fast learner, self-driven, self-motivated, and independent.
- Ability to read fabrication drawings of steam boilers, heaters, and Bi-drums (i.e. heavy fabrication)
- Thorough knowledge of industrial engineering activity, work measurement techniques, manufacturing processes such as fabrication & machining work.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, knowledge of AutoCAD, ERP- Oracle system.
- Team player with proven ability to network and work in cross-functional & divisional teams.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing tools such as Kanban, 5S, Six Sigma Methodology (basic knowledge), Process Improvement
- Excellent communication, time/project management, problem-solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to explain & partner with ER & shop about industrial engineering norms and calculations.
- Knowledge of ISO 45001 & 14001 standards & its implication related to IED function.
Thermax Group is an INR 4704 crore company, providing a range of engineering solutions to the energy and environment sectors. We are headquartered in Pune, India, and operate globally through 33 International offices and 13 manufacturing facilities – 7 of which are in India and 6 overseas.
We are one of the few companies in the world that offers integrated innovative solutions in the field of heating, cooling, power, water and waste management, air pollution control, and chemicals. The company also designs, builds, and commissions large boilers for steam and power generation, turnkey power plants, industrial and municipal wastewater treatment plants, waste heat recovery systems, and air pollution control projects. We strive to serve our clients better by developing sustainable solutions which are environment-friendly and enable efficient deployment of energy and water resources.