Position – Deputy Manager-Manufacturing Engineering
Company – Terex Corporation
Location – Tamil Nadu
This position will involve overall responsibility for Supporting the Production team in the form of Design, Technical and Bill Of Material related queries and support to the customers.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Make a Prototype project plan, conduct & Lead the meetings with regard to new projects.
- Prepare the process sequence by analyzing the assembly drawings and determine the standard times for each of the activity.
- Upload the MBOM and routing hours in ERP system
- Identify the need & Design necessary Jigs & fixtures suitable for assembly process, interact with suppliers and validate the same during assembly.
- Prepare pre-launch process documents like HIRA, SWS, Rigging sheet, PFMEA and tooling list.
- Analyze the ECOs, conduct meetings & co-ordinate with SCM, stores, Quality and Production for complete implementation of ECOs.
- Conduct periodical Process audits & SWS audits and initiate necessary actions to sustain the established process.
- Provide engineering solutions for the development of new products and modifications to existing products.
- To provide design related corrective actions through root cause analysis and structured problem solving approach
- Ensure current and new products meeting standards and performance levels specified for safety, function and reliability.
- Responsible for VSM implementation during project initiation & hand over to production with continual improvement
- Perform WORK STUDY on existing products, make improvements & re-establish standard production rates to improve efficiencies.
- Reduce manufacturing cost through improved & innovative design in consultation with the production department, purchasing and suppliers.
- To investigate and address Customer Complaints in a timely manner.
- Good exposure to LEAN principles implementation.
Experience & Qualifications:
- B.E. Mechanical Engineering with 8 to 10 years of experience in Equipment Manufacturing / Heavy Engineering Industry
- Hands on Experience in CREO and AutoCAD
- Experience in developing and troubleshooting knowledge in Hydraulic systems
- Good technical expertise in mechanical, structural (fabrications & sheet metal).
- A good understanding on Cranes, crushing and screening equipment applications and their operation along with an ability to evaluate their performance.
- Creativity and innovative thinking.
- Good English communication skill, both written and spoken;
- Good Presentation and interpersonal skills.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A “Can do” attitude and ability to interact with a multi-functional team.
- Hands on Experience in Creo and AutoCAD
- Hands on Experience in ERP systems
- Experience in using Creo simulate is an added advantage
- Able to assess workload and commit to realistic timelines.
- Able to investigate root cause of machinery non performance.
- Hands on experience in Hydraulics systems
- Design / selection of Jigs and fixtures
- Knowledge in the Crusher and Screener machines
- Drive for results and pull support to reach goals
- Should be able to take up stretched goals