Position – Sr Executive – MEG
Company – Tenneco Inc.
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Introduction to Tenneco :
We are a diverse company that engineers and manufactures components for nearly every major automotive and commercial vehicle brand. We also manufacture and supply technologies under some of the world’s most recognizable aftermarket brand names to manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors and service facilities. Our products improve fuel economy, reduce emissions and enhance safety. With our vast product portfolio, dedication to quality, global reach, entrepreneurial setting and competitive strength, Tenneco is a great place to build a lasting career.
Tenneco’s Powertrain Business :
Tenneco´s Powertrain business group designs, develops and manufactures original equipment components and innovative technologies that help engine designers meet increasingly demanding customer, regulatory and market requirements in every region of the world. Whether for gasoline, diesel, alternative fuel or electric & hybrid applications, across every sector, the company’s advanced components and systems, specialized coatings and proprietary manufacturing processes help to reduce emissions, improve fuel economy and enable advances in engine design, from small 25 mm bore to the world´s largest engines with 980 mm bore and 100,000 hp. Tenneco Powertrain is a leader in the OE light vehicle, commercial truck and off-highway markets and also supplies related technologies to the power generation, aerospace, marine, rail and industrial sectors.
Responsible for process design and development and Tooling’s design for C.I Ring
MAJOR ROLE OF THE POSITION:
- Manufacturing feasibility study for the new part development
- Evaluation of product cost with finance team
- Active participant in APQP and PPAP
- Preparation PFD, Control plan, SOP,PFMEA, BOM and routing for new product development
- Planning and scheduling and execution of new sample development
- Sample development scrap analysis (5Why, RCA and action plan etc).
- Execution of PPAP by coordinating with Production department and Quality department
- Model plate design and development
- Cutting tool design and development
- Jigs and fixture design and development
- Supporting and making drawing for wearied and broken machine parts for maintainace team
- Directing, instructing and supervising technical issues of mass production parts
- Handling of scrap reduction projects
- Implement IATF , QMS, EHS, 5S system in the department and ensuring all the relevant records of the same
- Work with production engineers/managers to improve productivity, Elimination of operation, reduce cycle time.
- Change management laid down process needs to be ensured for all the changes
- Knowledge of MS – office, PFD, Control plan, SOP.
- Knowledge of I.C Engines
- Knowledge of TS16949 / IATF Quality system.
- Knowledge of PFMEA
- Knowledge of 7 QC tools
- Good knowledge on GD&T
- To establish and manage value stream team of supervisors and work with them closely
- Able to promote team work & good morale among the members.
- B.E in Mechanical Engineering Graduate with 2 – 8 Years’ experience in Manufacturing engineering or Process Engineering in Auto part manufacturing industry.
- 3 to 7 years’ experience in Auto CADD and Pro-E or Creo and GD&T
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in SAP MM module