Position – Graduate Engineer Trainee
Company – Molex
Location – Bengaluru, Karnataka, IN
Purpose Of Position
- Supports on Standard Product Options, Legacy product maintenance /Sustenance engineering,
- Product modifications, product design transfers, new product design and development,
- project management as applicable
- Responsible for working on NPD’s, MOD’s, Standard Product Options, Legacy product maintenance / Technical Support Projects on legacy products.
- Responsible for Plan and execution of NPD/MOD/TSP/Engineering transfer projects assigned and meet the set targets.
- Responsible for supporting Product Managers and Product Enquiries.
- Follow Product Development Process (PDP). Collaborate with Peers, Product Management, Engineering Groups, Manufacturing Plants, Advanced Quality Planning (AQP), Application Tooling and Reliability Engineering.
- Responsible for understanding and working towards meeting Voice of Customer (VOC) by closely working with Product Management.
- Facilitate and conduct conceptual reviews, DFM reviews, DFMEA/PFMEA reviews, Design reviews etc.
- Responsible for creating Product models and drawings, Product Specifications, DVP&R, Tolerance stack-up, Test Summary, Application Specification etc.
- In depth understanding of assigned product families (PSD, PDD, PK, PS, AS, TS etc.)
- Responsible for design changes (ECR’s and ECN’s)
- Responsible for interacting with global manufacturing plants, review inspection reports and and disposition decisions.
- Understand, aim and achieve organization / department /self goals.
- Show value creation, productivity improvement and continual improvements
- Responsible for working on CAD tools like NX/ECTR, Engineering change tools – SAP, presentation tools – power point, analytic tools – Microsoft excel etc.
- Responsible for self planning of work based on organizational priorities by closely working with Manager
- Imbibe quality in every action / work performed.
16.Encourage team for Innovative ideas / product suggestion
17.Train the team on MBM, PTC, Exibit/impelement the learning.
18.Ensure and encourage Team participation in Knowledge sharing on Technologies and Products.
- B.E (Graduate in Mechanical Engineering)
Skill Sets & Competencies
- Good skills in Product Design and Development
- Excellent skills in Siemens NX modules such as Modeling, Drafting and Sheet metal. Basic knowledge on NX Expressions. Knowledge of PLM (ECTR).
- Knowledge on selection of plastic and/or metal based on mechanical, thermal, electrical and environmental applications.
- Design conceptualization, development and testing.
- Knowledge on Basic Electrical Engineering.
- Understanding of Product Development Process.
- Good understanding of Engineering fundamentals. Able to read and interpret specifications
- Flexible and ready for change based on organization need.
- Basic knowledge of SAP ,ERP and PLM systems.
- Strong oral and written communication
- Confident and capable of handling online meetings.
- Self driven and quick learner.
- Good analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Alignment to MBM philosophy
- DFM knowledge with products manufactured using injection molding, stamping, plating.
- Basics of GD&T, Tolerance stack-up analysis, Prototyping techniques
“Koch is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace”