Spread the love
Position – Tender Engineer
Location – Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Handles Inside sales and customer service functions.
- Review of Project specification (Feed to EPC Bid stage) requirement and to solve customer needs by providing value engineered application based solutions (products, Small Skids or integrated solutions).
- Develop & prepare system design, technical write up & data sheets to meet the customer specifications and applicable standards.
- Obtain clean quote from factory for flow measurement products.
- Develop specification for bought out items and obtain competitive quotes directly or with help of virtually located purchasing team.
- Follow and maintain a library of application based Templates for budgetary bids with a goal to generate budgetary bids within least possible time.
- Coordinates with the sales person responsible for the specific customer/business partner.
- Responds to application questions in coordination with factory to make sure customer expectations are met.
- Process, and enters purchase orders into SAP.
- Interfaces with Product Managers, Engineering, Operations, etc. to accommodate special applications and requests.
- Provides technical and commercial assistance to the field sales force, distribution network, and end users.
- This position deals with both loose products, small skids, and integrated solutions.
- Process requests for quotations from customers/distributors/end users and generates quotes and proposals based on standard departmental procedures, following customer requirements
- Participate in Standardization/Productization of Small Skids Solutions.
- Works with internal and external technical resources and coordinates information to ensure that customer specifications are thoroughly reviewed, exceptions noted, product application requirements are clarified and documentation requirements are noted and processed accurately.
- Uses SAP effectively, making sure that all information required for quote preparation is entered accurately and timely into the system.
- Ensures orders are entered into SAP with correct information including correct amount, billing details, end destination, segment, and all the other fields that are important for order process and record keeping
- Coordinates customer applications questions and preparation of complex quotations and proposals with engineering, operations, software development, and any other relevant department whose input is important to come up with a high-quality proposal that increases our options to win.
- Process both standard product requests, as well as non-standard, low volume products that require technical knowledge for completion.
- Prepares quotations for loose products, proposals for small skids and proposals for integrated solutions that include Terminal Automation depending on skill level, scope of responsibilities, and requirements.
- Communicates proactively with sales personnel, customers, distributors, and end users to understand and meet customer’s requirements in the quotes/proposals that are produced.
- Follows applicable company policies and procedures.
- Prepares BCQ forms, tracks their approval process, and keeps them in the individual quote/proposal records
- Degree in E&I and Mechanical with 6 – 10 years of experience. Other degree holders with relevant experience may also apply.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in related functions like applications, inside sales, engineering, project management or manufacturing (in oil and gas industry preferred).
- Must have knowledge of manufacturing processes and exposure to cost accounting principles in order to understand key cost drivers for assigned product lines. Some previous cost estimating and project management is preferred. Familiarity with products and application as well as knowledge of competitor products.
- Detail oriented, analytical with ability to determine customer applications needs.
- Good organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and SAP Business System (or experience with other ERP system).
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills (technical writing skills is a plus).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks in a changing, fast-paced work environment.
- Familiar with Industry Standards in petroleum measurement such as API MPMS, AGA, ISO, OIML, NORSOK, EI and oil and gas metering practices and standards.
- Familiar with codes and standards of piping, vessel and electrical.
- Spends mostly indoors in an office environment. May be required to travel to have clarification meeting with customer if need arises.
- Frequent sitting and operating a computer and printers.
Spread the love